SFX Course

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#151 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

Sounds good, i think i'm leaning toward coming down in the van(don't fancy motox on a sports bike) so a pub dinner after will be great.
Is their a full list of attendees yet ?
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#152 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

Thanks to Digger, Steve,Phil and i believe exact. for a very interesting, informative and most of all, fun day.
I never did like Honda's :lol:

#153 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

Thanks Steve - was only involved on the edge of this one, big thanks to Pyromancer (Steve) Exat (Danny) & the men-with-pixilated-faces-who-cannot-be-named!

See what you can get up to if you support the UKPS!

You'll believe a Honda can fly...

car.jpg

BTW, we forgot to give out course attendance certificates, I have these & will post in the next couple of weeks. It's NOT a qualification - more of a momento...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#154 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Sounds like it went down a storm! Look forward to pics and video!

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#155 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Thank you to everyone who forked up the cash to make this event happen.

It was a great day with great weather and I believe a blast was had by all.

Nice to see many familiar faces and quite a few new ones as well.

There were a few discussions on what other events we could possibly run, so watch this space................
Phew that was close.

#156 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

AND (red face!) MANY THANKS to birthday boy Digger, who tied it all together!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#157 exat808

exat808

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

Speaking as one of the "front of house" team I was very impressed with the dedication and enthusiasm shown by UKPS members who travelled from far and wide and at their own expense to attend this event. It was great to meet you all and to put names to some of the surreal identities that you live behind.
I feel that this course could be a start point for future events and hopefully we will be able to offer a more formal means of recognising your attendance - possibly by having the course accredited. I will do some digging on that aspect and keep you informed.
One lasting impression of the day for me will be all your big cheesy grins and manic laughter when the shots were fired. I've been doing this for 36 years now and still treat myself to the odd grin when it goes well. Welcome to the club!!

#158 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend, and as Danny has said - hopefully a starting point for future courses. I cannot recommend this event enough to anyone who missed it, and we will be looking to organise more along the same lines - possibly at more than one location. I would be keen to see a classroom and theory element developed, and if any recognition is possible - I think this would stand UKPS members in good stead for associate membership of IExpE.

I would like to thank Gareth, Steve M, Danny, their assistants on the day, and indeed the UKPS members who made it possible by providing their hard-earned pounds and spades / sandbags full of enthusiasm. It was good to catch up with many old faces, and an increasing number of new ones too. I shall look forward to seeing some highlights of the day appearing once OK'd with all concerned.

Still grinning now!

R

#159 Pyromancer

Pyromancer

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hi All,

Thanks to all those who attended and made the day possible - I'm still grinning and I knew what was under the Honda (2 kg ANFO and 5kg of emultion explosive) before it learned to fly.

I'd love to see any photos and videos that anyone has of the event, so those of you that had cameras on the go can you please PM me so I can give you my e-mail address so you can drop a CD/DVD full of .JPG's or .AVI's in the post to me.

If there are any you'd like to be able to post on the forum or elsewhere on the interweb, include a note letting me know which of the files on the disc you'd like to publish and I'll get them checked and give you the okay - We're not allowed to publish the pictures of some of the people there and we also don't want to show any landscape features that will allow people to pinpoint the location of the range, as we don't want undesireables knowing explosives are used in the area.

The photos and videos from my camera have already been cleared for publication, I'll try and put a short video together for you all to see.

I wish phil hadn't posted the picture of the Flying Honda without getting it cleared - this action might now prevent the UKPS being allowed back onto the range. :(

Pyromancer

#160 Pyro-centric

Pyro-centric

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

Hi Everyone
I want to add my thanks to "front of house " staff for their time and for answering questions openly and honestly and without any " I can't believed he asked that!" It was a fantastic weekend. Thank you to theose within UKPS who took the time to organise this event.

I too would like copies of most, if not all pictures and would be happy to send out blank discs and S.A.E s for thier return. Please PM me if you feel you have time to do this.

I also would like to say a big "thank you" to the delegates of the course. It was my first time meeting anyone from UKPS and I was very impressed with the friendliness of everyone I met. It was great to hear all the information freely shared and advice given. You were all brilliant.

#161 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

I wish phil hadn't posted the picture of the Flying Honda without getting it cleared - this action might now prevent the UKPS being allowed back onto the range. :(

Pyromancer

I do hope this is not the case - it is perhaps unsurprising that the attendees of the course wish to share their unique experiences with those who could not attend. I believe Phil had asked prior to the day about filming / photography and arranged for his son to be present to facilitate this as a result. I appreciate there are security issues to consider but I trust this matter will be resolved. In the mean time I would request that no-one posts any photos or videos without asking Steve first.

Steve - please contact me by PM or email to discuss this matter.

Regards,
R

#162 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

You all sound to have had a great time - I'm so jealous! Kiddie care duties got in the way for me, so I'm encouraged that there may be simliar future events.

Speaking as one of the "front of house" team I was very impressed with the dedication and enthusiasm shown by UKPS members who travelled from far and wide and at their own expense to attend this event. It was great to meet you all and to put names to some of the surreal identities that you live behind.
I feel that this course could be a start point for future events and hopefully we will be able to offer a more formal means of recognising your attendance - possibly by having the course accredited. I will do some digging on that aspect and keep you informed.
One lasting impression of the day for me will be all your big cheesy grins and manic laughter when the shots were fired. I've been doing this for 36 years now and still treat myself to the odd grin when it goes well. Welcome to the club!!

#163 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

There is not much that i can add that has not allready being said,a fantastic day was had by all.

I should also say many thanks to the range owners for allowing us there and providing a good feed up.

I think the honda must have being having to much redbull as it certainly flew well !:D Totally awesome.

#164 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

Here is the official group photo.

I'll host this somewhere tomorrow at full resolution so you can have a high quality copy.

rdf.jpg
Posted Imagethegreenman

#165 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Have any of the photos/videos been cleared for public viewing yet ?
If so can i put the flying Honda on my facebook profile ?:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users