30 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

Well, not toooo long to go, what does everyone have planned over the summer, or for November 5th.

I'm haoping that there will be lots of stuff that is both decent and affordable around.

Fingers crossed!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

Can't wait me, not long now. :D Hoping to have a lot of stuff myself, same as last year but really want to see a lot more local shops i.e papershops stocking fireworks as last year was a big let down.

Edited by Prestonboi, 22 July 2010 - 08:43 PM.

#3 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, I agree there- although I can't see the trend reversing much over the next few years, to be honest. Papershops, Spar type places etc don't really seem to do pyro much any more. Not like the old days!

#4 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

Not far off now, soon be September. :)

#5 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

Aye soon be September! This is were the year gets manic for displays and what not so i'm looking forward to be sitting down at the private land I have access to with a boot full of pyro ready to go.

#6 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

Looking very forward to this year :D.

Ive spent the past few weeks looking at firework videos wishing time would fly by.

I think once the British Musical Firework Championships at Southport come around I will be looking even more forward to it and will know theres not long to go!!

Im going to try and get some decent fireworks for my Birthday this year which is the last week in October, and then some more for actual bonfire night!! Looking very forward to it!!

#7 pyrogeoff

pyrogeoff

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

Looking very forward to this year :D.

Ive spent the past few weeks looking at firework videos wishing time would fly by.

I think once the British Musical Firework Championships at Southport come around I will be looking even more forward to it and will know theres not long to go!!

Im going to try and get some decent fireworks for my Birthday this year which is the last week in October, and then some more for actual bonfire night!! Looking very forward to it!!

Edited by pyrogeoff, 27 August 2010 - 07:44 PM.

#8 pyrogeoff

pyrogeoff

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

Sorry i pressed wrong button on last post. There are some very good new fireworks for this year,and i am looking very much forward to putting my display together for GFN. Epic,and Absolute new lines look very impressive.:rolleyes:

#9 relisys

relisys

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

epic looks a grand place to buy fireworks this year, i think alot of people will be turning to them.... but saying that firework crazy have updated there stock with some nice brother items...

Edited by relisys, 28 August 2010 - 09:22 AM.

#10 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

epic looks a grand place to buy fireworks this year, i think alot of people will be turning to them.... but saying that firework crazy have updated there stock with some nice brother items...

Yeah, I think the established and good all year round fireworks shops will do well, as the can get their stock in, catalogues out to people and websites updated and orders in etc before the seasonal competition even opens it's doors.

That said, on a personal level, I'm struggling to get "into" it this year. Dunno why, really.

Edited by David, 28 August 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#11 relisys

relisys

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, I think the established and good all year round fireworks shops will do well, as the can get their stock in, catalogues out to people and websites updated and orders in etc before the seasonal competition even opens it's doors.

That said, on a personal level, I'm struggling to get "into" it this year. Dunno why, really.

Hopefully that should change closer to time for ya :), personally, i am excited this year. with all the new stuff thats out good to see what people think about them

#12 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

I shall be going to the firework warehouse this year!

Some ideas that I am thinking about buying so far are:

Army cube cake- £12
Party king rockets (21 rockets) (Absolute)) £25
Arctic Barrage box £35 (again absolute)

Then I am hoping to get a few extras such as a few fountains, wheels and mines to go with them. Would be grateful if anyone who has set of any of these fireworks would be able to tell me what there like/ if there any good.

#13 relisys

relisys

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

I shall be going to the firework warehouse this year!

Some ideas that I am thinking about buying so far are:

Army cube cake- £12
Party king rockets (21 rockets) (Absolute)) £25
Arctic Barrage box £35 (again absolute)

Then I am hoping to get a few extras such as a few fountains, wheels and mines to go with them. Would be grateful if anyone who has set of any of these fireworks would be able to tell me what there like/ if there any good.

There videos look ok :)

#14 DavePlym

DavePlym

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

Ironically, I've got a load of fireworks from over the last 2 years, but after the fuss I had with my neighbour (only setting off the tiny fountains from the small box, ie. before getting really started)I feel a bit inhibited.
Need to find someone in Devon with a garden who's in the mind to be a pal with a complete stranger.

Edited by DavePlym, 10 September 2010 - 05:57 PM.

you whistle it, i'll hummer it

#15 frenchy2475

frenchy2475

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

I shall be going up to Epic in a few weeks to get my pyro fix!!

Shame you don't live closer dave, you would have been welcome to let them off with me. I live out in the sticks so you can make as much noise as you like with out neighbours moaning.;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users