2 replies to this topic

#1 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:30 PM

Got hold of one of JTF's new catalogues for 2010 featuring a fairly large range of 'Guy Fawkes' fireworks and some Bright Star stuff. Some stuff looks impressive and there are some good deals quantity wise but I'm wondering how much 'oomph' this stuff actually has, is it all 1.4G? I'm not knocking it, most of the stuff will be great for a family display but will the 'crates' etc really satisfy an audience at a pub display for example, which is what they seem to be aiming at, events similar to that.

I think I will pop along to the demo night at the Preston store, anyone know when that is? I don't have a card so will park the car outside nearby and sit back and watch. ^_^ Try and see what they're like.

Edited by Prestonboi, 08 September 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#2 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

While on the subject, it the 20 gram max for rockets this year including the header or just for the motor?

Maxman

#3 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

I think anyone can join JTF now- it's officially "Mega Discount Warehouse."

Guy Fawkes is their own brand, but it's just Bright Star rebadged- as you say, in the catalogue some of them are just down as being Bright Star.

As for how much "ooomph..." WEELLLLLLL thats the million dollar question with 1.4G nowadays. They do have some meshed stuff, and from what I recall the cheaper cakes are decent- but whether or not it will be good enough is always down to personal opinion. And yeah, it's good they have a demo night.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users