• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

If banning an item really made it go away, why don't they ban tobacco? Look in the history books, how effective was the prohibition of alcohol in the USA.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#92 dave

dave

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

some good points there by all above posters.
i agree with digger on most of his points, the problem is that the privacy and rights of the man in the street
are continually bein eroded by ridiculous legislation which is becoming more and more difficult to comply with, with the necessary additional
costs.

basically if you want to stop someone doing something, just legislate and increase the reqiured paper work to comply.

unfortunately the man in the street needs protecting from himself, and really what we should all be doing is watching mindless
tv to keep us occupied in the evenings

rant over :)

dave

#93 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

ive had this thread in the back of my mind, but forgot about it until I saw this ,is it bull s@ite or gospel,?  

#94 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

I am certain it is right, and I doubt very much if a hobbyist will be able to get a the licence to purchase such chemicals.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#95 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Would that not make the ELR a bit pointless for us?

Rod

#96 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

It looks like the terrorist are going to succeed, all are freedoms will be restricted ,all our comunications could be monitored ,i would rather take my chances and keep my freedom.

Or is it a good excuss to control us all through the back door ?

As for banning this and banning that ,on my way to work a couple of days ago sat in a gate way were two tons of AN ,not a farmer in site.

I see on that list they have not mentioned oxycetelene ,what would happen if that was used as in the states with the pressure cooker .

These eurotwats just really piss me right off.

#97 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

The vast majority of Joe public, politicians, and law enforcement agencies do not have a clue about who we are and what we stand for. We are also insufficient in any new laws that are past to restrict access to chemicals, in the name of “war against terrorism”. or is it more of the case that we just don't like any individual having these chemicals for there own good, full stop.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#98 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Would that not make the ELR a bit pointless for us?

Rod

my thoughts exactly

#99 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

Where there is a will there is a way.

My concern is who is going to issue the licences? If this is done correctly then there should be no problem getting one as the legislation should be prescriptive (a set of rules).

However there is one very obvious get around for this law, which make it kind of pointless. Simply set up a limited company with a trading description as research and development, if you do all of the work yourself this should cost about £25 with ongoing annual costs of £15 ish for the companies house annual return (takes 10 minutes) and no tax to pay as it will never make a profit. Then clearly you can buy whatever you want as it will be a company buying it and not a member of the public (to which this ruling applies).

OK the above is a bit of a bugger, but when you have got your head around it, it takes no time to do.

Phew that was close.

#100 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

That's what I like about this forum, clever people! :) The best ideas are always the simplest. Why didn't I think of that. Nice one Gareth.

Rod

#101 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

nice one G, I was thinking of work arounds as well , like MnO2 rockets!

#102 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

thats the bad thing Gareth if a normal person could do it then what's the point in the law in the first place.

#103 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

I agree Paul, a weak pointless bit of law.

Paul as you know, I am all for regulation where it genuinely increases safety, but I am against legislation for legislations sake.

Unfortunately there is a great deal Cr@p legislation out there and in my opinion this one falls squarely into that category. It is virtually pointless and will not have any effect whatsoever for its intended purpose.

Effectively this means that sellers will have to ask for your company number or licence number.

Nothing to see here move on.

Now then Dr Thrust, nice rocket there. Have you managed to get them to fly reliably? What sort of power can you get out of them?

D

Phew that was close.

#104 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

The problem being that the handgun prohibition didn't stop Jill Dando (and lots of others) being shot . All the arms control and explosives legislation didn't stop the IRA (and others) getting all the ordnance they could use.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#105 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

being that this is a EU regulation have the uk any power to step in and point out this pointless act.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users