Photo

spiral wound tubes - are they good for anything?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Dagabu

Dagabu

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

Edit :- not long ago i saw some 1/4" ID plastic insert caps, they looked to be about 2" long and yellow by colour, ( used for report inserts with 1/4" time fuse ) Could somebody please point me in the right direction to get some ? Thanks

LOL! .218" ID to be exact. I am the supplier for them but the guys from the UK have not pulled the trigger on the buy. They are just too expensive and time consuming to send little boxes of 1k at a time oversees. I also have red ones that are .25" ID.

PM me and I will hook you up with the info.

#32 Dagabu

Dagabu

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

that spindle is a specifically designed "pusher" for very powerful whistle and wont work for bp, also a rocket with a header is very different from a rocket with no header because of the initial thrust needed to lift the heavier payload.
a short motor will call for a exotic fuel beyond the capabilities of bp

Doc,

Here are some rockets that I think you all will enjoy. The motors are 25mm BP and the headings are all 73mm wide!

VIDEO

I think you should try your pusher motor with BP once, I think that with hot BP you will be surprised at the thrust it creates. :D

#33 a_bab

a_bab

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:25 AM

Dagabu, aren't these the "Master's" rockets?

#34 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

did you get a chance to view the rockets first hand? i thought (well read) he used extra long 8.5 inch 1lb motors?.
amazing headers, but im sure, well know if we had a legal framework here that allowed amateur pyro clubs we'd be on the case making most excellent pyro big time! :) .
i use hot willow bp it does kick ass,im not keen on pusher's there hard to press, i prefer stepped spindles.
as more power for stubby rockets,? willow bp whistle hybrids i haven't tamed yet!

Edited by dr thrust, 02 November 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#35 Dagabu

Dagabu

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

Dagabu, aren't these the "Master's" rockets?

Yes, these are the masters rockets from 4F in Florida, USA. TR uses 7.5" 1# motors for all of his rockets. Regretfully, I have never seen his rockets live but i bet I have 20 hours of phone conversations with him about building the timed reports.

-D

#36 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:47 AM

The diagrams I have show an 8" long tube 3/4" ID, 1 1/4" OD. Perhaps he's switched in the several years since the diagrams were made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users