6 replies to this topic

#1 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

Hey,

Ive made this topic to add a sort of review of how my Birthday display went which took place last night. I thought that it may be useful for anyone else who has fired there display or has there bonfire night display to add a review of theirs on after it has taken place.

Right, so I got the majority of my fireworks from The Firework Warehouse. I decided to stake out all of my fireworks in the day and this included waterproofing each firework and then adding a plastic bag over the top to keep them dry. I got this all done by 5pm before it started to go dark.

Right so I started my display around 6.45pm, Il just do a small review of each firework that I fired to give you an idea.

3 go for a spin (standard- wheels) - Good set of wheels at £5 for 2 packs. Used 1 pack of these wheels in my display, the smaller 2 were like something you might get in a larger selection box and the larger wheel was quote good with nice effects. Overall good for the price if you like wheels!

Hurly Burly (standard- cake)- Didn't realise these were 5m garden fireworks at first and when I realised I was expecting them to be rubbish but I lit one and it was brilliant! Gold crackle shots at first then a change to a couple of rather big bursts (which reached quite a height!) they were a very good firework for the price and I got these for £6.99 BOGOF. Highly recommended!

Dynamine (Rage, mine combination)
- This was a firework that looked like dynamite and looked as if it was going to be poweful. I thaught it was a very good effect with 6 mines one after the other at first with sparks (sorry dont know pyroish name) dropping down to the ground as part of the effect. Then after those 6 mines an unexpected shot went up really high. Big coloured burst with a nice bang! More of a nice firework than a loud one but very nice to look at at that! Got two of these for £12.99, worth it as its like 6 mines and a shot tube in each firework.

Army Cube (Cube, Cake)-
One of my favourite fireworks of the night. The noise was brilliant from it, high pitched whistles with nice big bursts (looked like Catherine wheels in the sky before burst!) also the 4 shots at the end all together really made a brilliant end to the firework! For £12 it would be something I would buy again and again!

Parallel Universe (Black cat, cake)
- Another great cake, five shots first of all with nice blinking effects, very big bursts and nice noises also. Then around 7 or 8 shots all went up in the space of 2 seconds (think this may of been a fault). It was brilliant, all 7 bursts at ones. Amazing! Recommended at £15.99 for just the one and its now £16.99 bogof at firework warehouse!

25 carat (weco, cake)- This was from Lidl and I decided to add this to my display as an extra, I am so glad I did. These are exelent fireworks for the price, really sky filling and you wouldn't think for one minute that there a £6 supermarket products.

Broken arrow (Cube- cake)
- Well I am so glad I kept this one til last. Over all of the years that I have had fireworks or watched others from the garden I have never seen anything like it. Each shot goes up and half way there is a very large amount of crackle gold then as it reaches some hight there's a night BIG burst with a big bang! Towards the end of the firework the effects of the burst change and just get better then the finale of the cake! AMAZING, four shots large crackle half way up then four massive bursts all with the crackle effect. It really did fill the whole sky! I really thought that there was going to be some car alarms going off due to the noise! £20 each but worth every penny!

Overall I had an AMAZING display 10x better than I expected. Everyone was praising for such a good display and what I was so happy to hear was people say they were well worth the extra money (in the past I have spent around £40 from supermarkets etc). I was soo happy with the comments and what made it even better was that we had people and a group of kids outside on the street and another group of people in a garden down the road screaming we want more we want more after each firework. You could also hear WOW after each burst from these kids/ adults out on the front. Ive never had this before and was amazed that others were highly enjoying my display!

I now cannot wait for bonfire night, I thought I may have been a bit disappointed at first as the stuff Im firing is mostly from Lidl but setting of that 25 carat has made me completely confident that it will still be a good display!

I have taken pics of set up and the aftermath of the fireworks this morning so I will make sure I upload them later tonight!

Thanks for reading :)

Edit: Pics!

Set up:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Morning after:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally to finish off 2 pics from the display taken by me, sorry about the quality was rushed, just to add these were only 5m fireworks and people watching were much further back anyway.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Think that Wheel through the arch pic looks great :P

Also, I was very surprised by the amount of mess left on the next morning I was expecting to come down and find the garden full of bits, instead there was just a few bits around! Seems that fountains/ supermarket small cakes seem to make more mess than proper fireworks lol!

Edited by Dan2310, 25 October 2010 - 08:59 AM.

#2 Sl7

Sl7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

Fantastic review, sounds like you had a blast B) :)

#3 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

Great review, thank you!

Hope we get more like this over the next few weeks!

#4 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

I enjoyed that nearly as much as you, don't forget to upload them piccis. I can't wait for the 5th either.
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#5 rick87

rick87

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

sounds like an impressive display!! after a quick tot up in my head was it sub £100 as well?
I always think the difference between a good display and a great one is time and effort put in. Any one can go down Asda's buy £100 worth of fireworks then set them off and it'll be a laugh. Yet that same £100 split up and spent on fireworks which are good 'bangers for the buck' (haha) with a bit of organising of the fireing order thrown in can look like a million dollars.
Well done that man! set a video recorder up for your next one!

#6 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

Firstly, thanks for all the comments everyone! Pics are uploading to photobucket at the minute :)

sounds like an impressive display!! after a quick tot up in my head was it sub £100 as well?
I always think the difference between a good display and a great one is time and effort put in. Any one can go down Asda's buy £100 worth of fireworks then set them off and it'll be a laugh. Yet that same £100 split up and spent on fireworks which are good 'bangers for the buck' (haha) with a bit of organising of the fireing order thrown in can look like a million dollars.
Well done that man! set a video recorder up for your next one!

Thanks :) and yeah it cost around £75-£80 including the one lidl cake that I used! (spend £72 at the firework warehouse).

I also agree that taking the time to plan a firing order etc is definitely worth it! Makes sure that the display just gets better and better throughout rather than people being left disappointed by a firework that was not as good as the last.

That said, I will only be buying (well have bought) most of my bonfire display (Sat 6th) from the Lidl. But as I said above Ive got full trust that these will make a decent display now! I will still make an order such as this then that and with fire fighter to finish the display off though!

#7 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

Great review, enjoyed reading it and glad it worked out. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users