5 replies to this topic

#1 eoJ

eoJ

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hi there, new here :)

Just wondering whether anyone here has any ideas for SFX you don't normally see in displays? ( :P ) All I can think of so far is cremoras...

Thanks loads!

#2 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

10 second countdown with groung projection shells....Wont go there as there a maltese secret. No PM's on construction please :P

Welcome to the forum eoj
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#3 eoJ

eoJ

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

Thanks, I'll have a look :D Btw, could you remind me of the link to the pyro wiki? I forgot to bookmark it.

And thanks for the welcome :D

P.S. A minute ago, one thing I thought of was a bundle of sparklers at either side, maybe with 20/30 sparklers each, all lit at once? That could start it quite well, especially if it was through a layer of smoke from smoke canisters etc?

What do you think?

Thanks again :) ,

Joe

#4 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

If you have trees around strobe pots are great to start with or fountains. If your firing the show they will give you time to get ready to light the first cake, rocket etc

As said in another thread, PLEASE!!!! be safe and ware PPE

Edited by portfire, 27 October 2010 - 07:50 PM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#5 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

P.S. A minute ago, one thing I thought of was a bundle of sparklers at either side, maybe with 20/30 sparklers each, all lit at once? That could start it quite well, especially if it was through a layer of smoke from smoke canisters etc?

Bundling sparklers can lead to a mass explosion, it's really not a good idea.

As portfire mentioned strobe pots can be a very effective/unusual start to a display. If you can get your hands on some bengal flares these are also a nice idea for something different... Kimbolton make them, never heard of anyone else offering them.

Another idea would be to make a nice fan of fountains using commercial pyro strapped to a frame, not something you usually see and a great effect.

I would suggest ghost mines but it sounds like you should leave that kind of stuff till you have a little more experience.

#6 TrueBluePyro

TrueBluePyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

groung projection shells... are they the ones that sort of break at the mortar and are in the shape of a number?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users