19 replies to this topic

#1 ToFe

ToFe

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

http://www.pyrogarage.com/
Looks very cheap but based in Poland, they also ship fuse which is worrying.
100PLN is about £22

#2 a_bab

a_bab

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

And why exactly is shipping fuse worrying? I'd personally find more worrying the fact that you can have kilos of potassium chlorate shipped like this.

There are at least 3 other such shops in Poland that were discussed here. They seem to have very lax laws concerning chems and fireworks in general. Order at your own risk.

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

And why exactly is shipping fuse worrying?

The difference is that fuse is a potentially hazardous substance that could present a major fire hazard in transit, whereas chlorate would not.

I doubt that any of these items are shipped legally though...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

I'm thinking at present, anything from abroad that may enter an airport is a big no-no.
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#5 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

The owner is a member here - he might want to elaborate.
I know someone who has successfully ordered from him more than once in the past.
His dealings are in English, the goods arrive, and he is quick to respond to emails.

#6 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

the fuse is cheap, i'll give them that.

i WOULD NOT be ordering anything, not at the moment, given it'll likely fly. I'd imagine they are double checking every package at the moment

#7 IrkaceK

IrkaceK

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:14 AM

Hello!
I`m owner of www.PyroGarage.com shop. Let me answer the questions that came up here.
We can say that our laws are quite liberal, because as long as you do not pose a risk for so long, you can expand your hobby.
The materials which we send abroad are in limited quantities and secure enough not to present any danger. Of course, we offer only ground shipping on the countries of the European Union.
A large amount of goods are shipped 100% legally on full ADR.

If you have any questions I`m pleased to answer them.

Regards,
Ireneusz
http://www.PyroGarage.pl

Edited by IrkaceK, 13 August 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#8 a_bab

a_bab

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

Just ordered some fuse and dextrine (REAL stuff, not the oven baked) and it went very nice: quick delivery, very responsive, and so on. Well packed I must add. The prices are also among the best (find cheaper time fuse and I'll eat mine like spagetti).

#9 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

Hello!
I`m owner of www.PyroGarage.com shop. Let me answer the questions that came up here.
We can say that our laws are quite liberal, because as long as you do not pose a risk for so long, you can expand your hobby.
The materials which we send abroad are in limited quantities and secure enough not to present any danger. Of course, we offer only ground shipping on the countries of the European Union.
A large amount of goods are shipped 100% legally on full ADR.

Regards,
Ireneusz
http://www.PyroGarage.com

Who do you use for your multtimodal hazardous shipping. What is the shipping price of fuse to the UK?
Phew that was close.

#10 whoof

whoof

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

The difference is that fuse is a potentially hazardous substance that could present a major fire hazard in transit, whereas chlorate would not.

I doubt that any of these items are shipped legally though...

I see no problem providing that the package is correctly labelled.
One look at the label would see it excluded from an aeroplane.
The channel tunnel would be another concern.

But as you say it would be shipped illegaly if the correct label was not applied anyway.

#11 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

But as you say it would be shipped illegally if the correct label was not applied anyway.

Especially fuse, I just don't know of a cheap way of moving it especially across international borders. I would guess it should cost in excess of £200 from Poland for a hazard class 1 shipper as there no LQ for this category. I stand to be corrected though
Phew that was close.

#12 whoof

whoof

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

Especially fuse, I just don't know of a cheap way of moving it especially across international borders. I would guess it should cost in excess of £200 from Poland for a hazard class 1 shipper as there no LQ for this category. I stand to be corrected though

Of course, we offer only ground shipping on the countries of the European Union.

That is actually rather worrying.
There is no way to guarantee that.
Once in this country Royal mail UPS DHL etc routinely transport packets by air that is why they do not allow hazardous cargo.

If delivery took less than a week it almost certainly went by air.

#13 IrkaceK

IrkaceK

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hello!
Today I noticed a reply in this topic. Recently, I`ve a lot of work and I haven`t time for forum sad.gif
Bigger orders are shipping via RABEN company on ADR.
Smaller one, definitely do not go via air - I checked it in my courier company. If I want to send something via airmail, I have to submit an invoice, and describe in detail the contents of the package.

Regards,
Ireneusz
http://www.PyroGarage.pl

Edited by IrkaceK, 13 August 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#14 IrkaceK

IrkaceK

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

Hi guys,
it's almost seven years since our last post and we are still in business! I think we have proven that we are safe and reliable shop so if you need anything please email us.
Best regards!

Edited by IrkaceK, 30 June 2017 - 06:19 AM.

#15 BlackCat

BlackCat

• UKPS Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

I've placed a couple of orders with these guys over the last few months and I've had no problems whatsoever. Dealing with them is very straightforward and easy and goods are despaqtched promptly after payment is sent. I'll certainly be buying other stuff from them soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users