5 replies to this topic

#1 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

For those of you who can`t get enough fireworks, Im considering taking a train into London to watch the late afternoon `Lord Mayors Firework Display` this saturday at 5.00pm - 13th November 2010.

For those of you who fancy meeting up to watch it, and perhaps go for a beer afterwards, Im going to be outside `Temple Station` on the embankment, also if I get a few UKPS leaflets through in time, Im going to hand these out to the public.

Anyone up for it?

http://www.lordmayor...itors/fireworks

#2 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

If I still lived in London Keith, I would be there.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#3 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

If I still lived in London Keith, I would be there.

No problem Vic,..... I know you would be there if it wasn`t to far from where you live.

Ive just registered for the british library reading room in St Pancras (not been to that building before) and ordered some old pyrobooks to view on the same day as the show.

#4 pyrogeoff

pyrogeoff

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:34 AM

I attended the display on saturday evening,and whilst i enjoyed the show,i always like a pyro fix,i have seen much better displays,this year at the Festival of Fireworks at Catton Hall,and The MLE run championships at Belvoir Castle,and Stanford Hall,i would guess the budget must of been slashed,perhaps they should have not done the music,which was not set to the fireworks,or the water fountain displays which could not be seen that clearly,and spent more on Pyro. This is a prestige event,and it need to be top notch.

#5 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

I attended the display on saturday evening,and whilst i enjoyed the show,i always like a pyro fix,i have seen much better displays,this year at the Festival of Fireworks at Catton Hall,and The MLE run championships at Belvoir Castle,and Stanford Hall,i would guess the budget must of been slashed,perhaps they should have not done the music,which was not set to the fireworks,or the water fountain displays which could not be seen that clearly,and spent more on Pyro. This is a prestige event,and it need to be top notch.

Regretfully I didn`t end up going in the end because of issues with london underground engineering works (TFL), travel elsewhere in london, and the city of london police for not getting back to me in time regarding leaflet distribution matters.

This event was originally born on the River Thames, they should have closed the bridges fully to all but pedestrian traffic and had water firewoks/fire.

Where did you watch it from?

Edited by crystal palace fireworks, 15 November 2010 - 06:10 PM.

#6 pyrogeoff

pyrogeoff

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

I watched from the Gabriels Wharf area so had good view,a pyro fix at the end of the day,but as i said,have seen much better displays,and this event for the Mayor should be a spectacular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users