44 replies to this topic

#31 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

Why not make your own visco? easy to make and costs very little to produce a few hundred meters of the stuff. Currently I have built a visco rig, paper firecracker fuse machine and at the moment trying to create a plastic fuse so possibilities are out there and the satisfaction that it is your own is second to none.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#32 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

was the deal i been offered any good or not?

no

#33 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

The UK needs a proper decent fuse suplie.

I've found a means of getting quick match, 10 rolls of 50m for £300 delivered. Its not waterproff but the brown paper type on display shellls.

Good price or not?

£30 a roll of quick match is still a tad expensive id expect between £10 to £15 per roll at that amount. + p&p or pickup

#34 pjalchemist

pjalchemist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

£30 a roll of quick match is still a tad expensive id expect between £10 to £15 per roll at that amount. + p&p or pickup

Well no one round er will sell it. I've spoken to 3 companies

I've UKRA HPR L1, L2, L3

I have an explosive store and alarmed building

I have paper work to buy the HPR motors

I need a suplie asap

#35 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

Just a quick Q to peeps who have access to QM. When was the last time you bought some?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#36 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

Just a quick Q to peeps who have access to QM. When was the last time you bought some?

2 weeks ago for me

#37 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

Well I heard from a very good source that china has made it 1.1 for transport (from china)

#38 pjalchemist

pjalchemist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

Well I heard from a very good source that china has made it 1.1 for transport (from china)

What the UK law on importing it then

#39 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

iv heard that to but as far as i know it hasn't been confirmed yet, as it opens a can of worms.

all shells have a QM on it, does this means all shells turn 1.1 if you think a case of 3" has about 72M of quick match in it.

at what point did the Chinese start thinking about health and safety, (sorry the two don't go together :D)

#40 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

iv heard that to but as far as i know it hasn't been confirmed yet, as it opens a can of worms.

all shells have a QM on it, does this means all shells turn 1.1 if you think a case of 3" has about 72M of quick match in it.

at what point did the Chinese start thinking about health and safety, (sorry the two don't go together :D)

I said the exact same thing!!! Who knows lol

#41 megabusa

megabusa

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

I've just ordered some fuse from this company. They seem very good for fuse in my opinion.

http://www.pyrowales.com/

Did your delivery arrive Deano ?

Are they reliable ?

#42 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

They sent me an email saying they had a large delivery Wednesday (today), so they will send it out first class.
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#43 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

Arrived today.
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#44 c.brad

c.brad

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:42 PM

if there is a shortage of quick match would people be able to get hold of quick fuse , its not as fast but faster than using visco
and would yo need a licence are training

#45 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

I really cant see it being classed as 1.1 to be honest, that would cause sooo much distruption it just wouldnt be worth it to any body. Most if not all cat 4 material is QM leadered from shells to candle, cakes to wheels so as paul said would that make every cat 4 item 1.1?

I cannot see it happenin in all honesty. Its not even like QM has a high potential of self ignition unlike for instance salute shells. If you want the hard to find items you need to get ur face known not through emails or posts on here. As paul said get to the AGM meetings and any other meetings that come up ime 100% positive that once your face is known and a level of trust and competance is seen you will have no issue sourcing any type of fuse. Simply sitting behind your computer does not get you in.

Rant over i shall get back under my rock :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users