1 reply to this topic

#1 blob737

blob737

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hi,

i have been making simple fireworks, and various pyro compositions for about a year now, and i have decided that it is probably best to gain proper licensing with the local authorities. However the information avaliable on the HSE website is terrible, and i am having an extremely difficult time trying to work out exactly what i need to be applying for.

Currently i only make fireworks for the family which we use in the garden, so nothing massive, but i do manufacture bp, and have used flash powder in some of my comps, im pretty sure these 2 would be the main concern with regard to the law.

Can anyone tell me exactly what i need in order to manufacture and store (will only be storing for short periods of time) these types of composition?

Thanks

#2 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

blob - oh that it were that simple!

To be very blunt, currently you would have to obtain planning permission, build the buildings & apply for licences, get insurance - guess at cheapest costs £10,000... (assuming you are in UK). It's not like the states, where there is a hobby pyro culture.

Have a search on the forum - it's all been gone into countless times! If you still have questions, feel free to ask...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users