• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

Will the society be hosting an illuminate consult course in 2011? Certainly my certificate is getting old now and a refresh would be in order.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

I am sure we can arrange a re-run of this course if there is sufficient interest. I will raise in the next management meeting.

R

#3 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

I will definantly be doing this so theres 1 for certain, a couple of my mates will more than likely do it and possibly my dad. Hope we can arrange something

Jay

#4 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

The course AFAIK has grown to more than one day, so perhaps an overnight stay will be needed. At the last check about 20 people were needed to divide the cost down to a reasonable level.

If you use your passing of this course to get a discount from one insurer then your certificate must be less than three years old. SO if it matters the first group to pass the course could do a refresher this year sometime.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#5 rick87

rick87

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

a certificate is always handy to have id be quite interested in this as long as it wasnt held a million miles from where i live

#6 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

As Richard says, we will discuss this next meeting (Wednesday week).

The breakeven tends to be about 12 people - we don't aim to make money out of this. Though I will have to check with Illuminate about their prices.

We got them to compress the course to one day last time (with hands on) & some people did struggle. They could probably do a one day with no hands on (not so fun for newcomers). The problem with two day, is of course that accomodation usually adds to the costs.

Another possibility is asking them to do a one day refresher course for us old lags - there is a lot of new legislation...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#7 bloater

bloater

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'd be interested, depending on date

#8 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

I'll start a thread to see what interest there is...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users