• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Peret

Peret

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:09 AM

Here are the fireworks I made for this 4th July Independence Day celebration, or "Traitor's Day" as I sometimes call it to annoy my adopted countrymen. Apart from a few rockets and a mine, these are all 3 inch (75mm) ball shells weighing about 130g each. The stars were 3/8 inch (10mm) pumped or cut, with a few exceptions that will be noticed. The breaks are all unboosted black powder on rice hulls and the lift is 12g of home-made black powder. It was a lot more colourful than it looks, because my cheap camera would white-balance on the darkness and then take a second to adjust, missing the quick burning stars. Anyway, that's enough talking, start the show already.

#2 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Some great breaks there - I liked your hummers, great sound.

Also liked the safety shorts; you can purchase stout sandals relatively cheaply which would be a perfect compliment to your PPE!

Keep up humming

Rick

#3 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

Nice work Peret,

Particularly liked your Hummers, and the Crossette Comets & Firefly`s longevity!

#4 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Could you please let us know which firefly formula you used,that was beautifull.

#5 Peret

Peret

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

Firefly

Potassium nitrate 50
Air float charcoal 30
80 mesh charcoal 10
Sulfur 10
Firefly aluminum 5
Dextrin 5

(does not add up to 100)

Basically Hardt #1 with added sulfur to increase the hang time. The aluminum was coarse flake, 20-30 mesh. I use the same aluminum (I have a big bag of it) in 60:30:10 rocket fuels replacing 8 parts of charcoal with aluminum. It makes a beautiful silver tail.

#6 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Firefly

Potassium nitrate 50
Air float charcoal 30
80 mesh charcoal 10
Sulfur 10
Firefly aluminum 5
Dextrin 5

(does not add up to 100)

Basically Hardt #1 with added sulfur to increase the hang time. The aluminum was coarse flake, 20-30 mesh. I use the same aluminum (I have a big bag of it) in 60:30:10 rocket fuels replacing 8 parts of charcoal with aluminum. It makes a beautiful silver tail.

Smashing,

I have some course flake so can give this a go.

#7 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

Ah! The 4th of July. Americans call it "Independence Day". The British call it, "The day we decided we'd rather keep India instead".
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users