13 replies to this topic

#1 pjalchemist

pjalchemist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:40 AM

I had booked with a UK company for a days training but there messing me about something unreal.

Despretly wanting to get it sorted so i can get hole of bigger stuff and legaly

#2 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

Only way to get C4 stuff as you call it, is to become a pyro related company, simply being trained to set up C4 DOES NOT mean you can purchase C4 pyro for you own use.

#3 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

Category four fireworks are not usually suited to home use. They are specifically for use by insured firework businesses. Even if you have cat4 training and experience the fireworks will be for professional use only.

Remember that "Cat4" is a type of firework, there is NO SUCH THING as a Cat4 licence or permit.

Edited by Arthur Brown, 21 July 2011 - 06:59 PM.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#4 pjalchemist

pjalchemist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Ah SP told me after i'd done there CAT 4 corse i could then buy from them.

#5 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

I`ve heard this before....

But as stated you should be licensed and insured fully before buying ANYTHING.

#6 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

Training/experience is just one of the three main things you'll need before you can legitimately purchase Cat 4. The other two being a registered or licenced secure storage place for the fireworks (compliant with MSER regulations), and full insurance for the storage and use of the fireworks (usually year-round insurance). Suppliers won't consider you until you can prove all three, and so SP would be assuming you already knew that insurance and storage are prerequisites before supplying you, so probably didn't mention it specifically.

There may be other things required depending on your specific plans, but those are the key three.

#7 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hmm these shells you have been offered what area of the country are they? When i was in school i was connected to a few well known families in the manchester area and at the age of 15 we were buying 3 inch shells of these people and that was only in 2005 !!!! since then ive lost contact with them and gone about doing things the right way but i was just curious there not the same make as we had, and we were gettin em for £2 a shell :ph34r:

Jay

Edited by dumper truck, 22 July 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#8 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

If this is true, then it is deeply worrying. It is clear that the problem still exists and I am only thankful that groups like the Firework Incident Research Safety Team are tackling it. Shells do not belong in the hands of uninsured people who are untrained in their use, never mind hooligans!

#9 pjalchemist

pjalchemist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Poland was the shells but last year when working at a seasonal shop i had some pikey offer me 8'' shells. My boss at the time bought 2 to try out. They where good but i never ever saw the guy again!

#10 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Poland was the shells but last year when working at a seasonal shop i had some pikey offer me 8'' shells. My boss at the time bought 2 to try out. They where good but i never ever saw the guy again!

AND

"we were buying 3 inch shells............."

Both of these were likely shells liberated from a licensed store without the owner's approval or key.

The current market offers of parallel imported Polish shells has been available for a while now, Polish suppliers stating the EU open market legislation yet not conforming to the UN transport rules. I've had some offers and some were nice looking fireworks made for professional use, just that the shipping was .. different and the price was over double UK prices for Chinese shells, but they were willing to offer mixed boxes.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#11 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

If this is true, then it is deeply worrying. It is clear that the problem still exists and I am only thankful that groups like the Firework Incident Research Safety Team are tackling it. Shells do not belong in the hands of uninsured people who are untrained in their use, never mind hooligans!

It is very worrying mate, but its not just fireworks that are easy enough to get hold of, firearms are 10 to a penny, obv drugs ect.... I tend to agree with what the governemnt makes illegal there will become a black market for but making all these things legal would cause caos so its a catch 22 on their part. Personally i think there doing there best but thats only because i can think of no other solution.

#12 skyrocket

skyrocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

Ah SP told me after i'd done there CAT 4 corse i could then buy from them.

you would have to have your own company and be insured and you would have to meet your insurers requirements

#13 ToFe

ToFe

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

SP are who?

#14 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Sp Fireworks AKA Concept Fireworks. Some nice stuff tbf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users