• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#61 Themolehole_9876

Themolehole_9876

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

my uncle is actually a landscape gardener and says he has seen KNO3 around at wholesalers that he goes to.. he wont buy or tell me where though! If only.... i could get stacks then.. alwell

#62 Pepsi

Pepsi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

Well, howdy. I've seen your name pop up all over the forums, so not surprised to see you still around. Did you ever manage to locate that visco supplier? A reliable delay'd really be nice...

On a somewhat related note, I managed to find an Australian supplier for technical grade potassium perchlorate for $23.24/kg. The only downside is the 25 kilo bag minimum order. ($581!) :( Perhaps some sort of pooled purchase with 5 people buying 5kg each, or similar? I suspect there might not be enough interested Aussies around these days to make that practical, though. Of course if someone's found a better supply by now, even better...

I'm not in any major hurry to get some anyway, I guess. I'd rather like to try the giant sparklers on Dan William's page, but apart from that I have no real use for it yet. I'll wait to move on to colours and flash once I get my lift powder fast enough...

Hi, I'll go you halves in a bag... :) I'm in Geelong, Vic.
Pepsi
"Growing Old is Inevitable,
Growing Up is Optional"

#63 Pepsi

Pepsi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:05 PM

my uncle is actually a landscape gardener and says he has seen KNO3 around at wholesalers that he goes to.. he wont buy or tell me where though! If only.... i could get stacks then.. alwell

Hi I saw the Ads for Kno3 @ $20.00/Kilo but he hasnt been selling for a while I wondered if eBay made him take it off... I can get heaps so its not a problem, although I'd like to find a source for KClO4 in 25Kg Bags.
S, I get for $2.50 Kg locally I'm in Geelong.
Regards
Pepsi
Growing Up is Optional"

#64 Themolehole_9876

Themolehole_9876

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:55 PM

Oh thats a bargin, ill keep a look out for some KClO4 for ya. Yeah I bought it recently off the guy from ebay that you saw. He didnt get taken off.. hes advertising it just as KNO3 for aquariums.. so i guess thats nothing illegal. If I am able to convice my Uncle to tell/get me some KNO3 id be happy to share with the less fortunate.

#65 littlejohny

littlejohny

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:55 AM

Well it seems that everyone else is having as much trouble as i am am in getting kno3, what about sodium nitrate can that be bought in places like Norco and Elringtons or is that the same story as kno3, because if i could get some i would simply turn it into kno3, wouldn't be that hard if I can find some posttasium chloride.

#66 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:17 AM

It isn't worth converting NaNO3, it is a pain in the butt to get the Sodium out.

Better to use it for some orange or yellow stars and source pure KNO3 for BP. Yellow stars are much maligned and very effective, and despite the reputation Sodium Nitrate stars dry and burn just fine it isn't much different to Strontium Nitrate.

#67 littlejohny

littlejohny

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:03 AM

hmm, the sodium nitrate that i made is really hydroscopic :angry: i made it from ammonium nitrate and sodium hydroxide and washed it thoroughly with methylated spirits i thought that this would be relatively pure. ah well i guess if i saw some chilli saltpetre somewhere i'd buy it, because it cost me $10 to make about 200grams of NaN03 :(

#68 Pepsi

Pepsi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

Hey guys, I have absolutely no sources for chemical/elements! All i have is KNO3, which i bought over Ebay for the biggest rip off price of $20/kg (only bought cause i couldnt find it anywhere else!) and Sulphur which was a huge fluke find in bunnings $7/500g... so basically does anyone have any ideas about where to go? any suppliers they regularly use? I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Thanks alot guys, Cya

Just thought you may be interested, if you havnt already seen this...

http://cgi.ebay.com......AMEWA:IT&rd=1

Regards
Pepsi
Growing Up is Optional"

#69 smiley

smiley

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

That ebay item doesn't have much info about it, how pure it is etc.

#70 littlejohny

littlejohny

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:16 AM

Hey I have had my eye on that KN03 from the start it was put on there :angry:

If anyone would be very kind and not bid on it for me because i have been trying for 2 years to get KNO3 :D please don't bid :( I'm begging.

Oh thats a bargin, ill keep a look out for some KClO4 for ya. Yeah I bought it recently off the guy from ebay that you saw. He didnt get taken off.. hes advertising it just as KNO3 for aquariums.. so i guess thats nothing illegal. If I am able to convice my Uncle to tell/get me some KNO3 id be happy to share with the less fortunate.

YES PLEASE :D I'm very interested keep in touch

#71 Pepsi

Pepsi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:48 AM

Hey I have had my eye on that KN03 from the start it was put on there :angry:

If anyone would be very kind and not bid on it for me because i have been trying for 2 years to get KNO3 :D please don't bid :( I'm begging.
YES PLEASE :D I'm very interested keep in touch

LittleJohny..
Where are you located??
P
Growing Up is Optional"

#72 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:42 AM

$16.50 for one kilo?! No offence, but you have not been trying very hard to locate Potassium nitrate. Those prices are crazy!

www.duralite.com.au
www.imtrade.com.au

I found those sites on Google, I do not know anything about prices or shipping costs but I am sure it will beat Ebay prices. With a little searching many more could be found on the net, but the ewasiest way is to ring around, and do not hesatate, the worst case scenario is that they will refuse to sell it to you, which is highly unlikely and you can simply go to the next supplier if that is the case.
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#73 littlejohny

littlejohny

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

I live in NSW Australia in a little town called Kempsey B)

$16.50 for one kilo?! No offence, but you have not been trying very hard to locate Potassium nitrate. Those prices are crazy!

I have tried 4 farm supply places and they didn't have any KNO3 and wouldn't order any, I tried
5 chemists,and finally 3 hardware stores for stump remover. I've only been looking really for the last 6 months but have wanted it for the last 2 years :angry:

#74 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:50 PM

Its more likely that they just wouldn't sell to you because they sensed something about you they didn't like, perhaps your age... Fertilizer suppliers are the only practical source for KNO3 in Australia. You simply won't find it in hardware stores or chemists.

#75 maximusg

maximusg

What's The Name of The Song? Explosivo!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:55 AM

Yeah, It is become tricky to find. I obtained some off ebay as well but i don't think it will last long ;). It seems to be of decent quality. The BP i have been making with it performs as well as the Ag sourced KNO3 Bp i was making a couple of years ago.

Anyway, i have also been searching for some colouring agents, Strontium, Barium Nitrates and Carbonates etc. Does anyone have any info on where these can be obtained. Perhaps a chem supply who ships to the individual? As well as some decent fuse, anyone who can help please contact me. :)

tarney@tpg.com.au
my friend: What's that?

me: It's a fuse.

my friend: Oh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users