#1 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

I read this on the Guardian news web site Clicky

Anybody know any more about the old boys collection that was donated to the Museum of British Folklore?
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#2 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

I read this on the Guardian news web site Clicky

Anybody know any more about the old boys collection that was donated to the Museum of British Folklore?

I know Maurice Evans, although I haven't seen him in a few years. He has everything. I mean everything. Including the metal gates from Lion Fireworks with the word Lion across them.

He has some 1920's Japanese lacquered shells found tucked away at Standards in the 1980's. It's not just fireworks, he has many items that feature pictures of fireworks, from kids colouring books to limited edition sandwich packaging from supermarkets.

Also many dummy boards from the likes of Satndard, Wizard, Lion, Pains etc. The list is endless.

If they have taken everything at the museum, they are going to need a LOT of room.

He had some of this stuff displayed at the old powder works at Waltham Abbey a few years back.

I did some of my first displays with him helping out and getting experience.

Some of his stuff is pictured on the virtual fireworks museum online.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#3 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:28 AM

Do we know if his entire collection was loaned for this exhibition or given to the museum of folklore?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users