141 replies to this topic

#61 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Excellent Karl !!

I fondly remember the 3 used at the beginning of your finale at the Big Bang (I believe they were 8"), in fact I have that picture as wallpaper on my laptop :)

Cheers,

Phil.

They were rather nice, these are 'Orchid Gold Glitter Kamuro's'

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#62 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

UKPS is pleased to announce the late addition of a guest speaker to the 2012 AGM.

Prof Christopher M. Bishop FREng, FRSE will be presenting a talk about his lecture 'The Science of Fireworks!'. Chris Bishop is Distinguished Scientist at Microsoft Research where he leads the Machine Learning and Perception group. He presented the Christmas Lectures in 2008 and is a member of the Ri's Board of Trustees.

AGM attendees will be presented with a DVD copy of Chris' full 'The Science of Fireworks!' lecture to take away and enjoy.

#63 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Brilliant! I've met Prof Bishop and he's a great guy.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#64 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Any chance of the talks to be recorded and put on you tube for the people that cant attend ?

#65 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

I missed the Prof Bishop christmas lectures, this is a real scoop for the UKPS, really well done to the committee or the individual responsible for a making this happen.

#66 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Another great addition, I saw his 'Science of Fireworks' lecture at the RI in November. This year's AGM is promising to be an excellent one!

#67 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Another great addition, I saw his 'Science of Fireworks' lecture at the RI in November. This year's AGM is promising to be an excellent one!

Indeed yes...

Please put this date in your diary & bring along any interested friends, the only thing that could spoil it would be a poor turn-out.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#68 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

I hope their aren't any issues, most of the offers so far have been for live stuff :rolleyes:

Any chance you could elaborate on the reason behind the obviously different coloured books ? :blink:
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#69 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Any chance you could elaborate on the reason behind the obviously different coloured books ? :blink:

I've been to many a raffle where they were selling from more than one book of tickets that had very similar colours. You get some very disappointed people when they think they've won because their number came up, only to find that their 'buff 85' ticket is actually 'peach 85', or 'cream 85' etc. :) If you're only using one book then it won't matter, but sometimes useful to have more than one person selling tickets so you're not inundated.

#70 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I see, good point. i'll get some more books. :blush:
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#71 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Really looking forward to this! Will be nice to catch up, and don't worry Steve, I'll leave my alter ego at home! ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#72 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Had quite a few people asking for things bringing down tot he AGM but very few actual lists of stuff to bring, so if anyone still wants anything bringing please let me know asap as I am packing a friends house up for moving on the two days prior and wont have much chance to collect stuff if not before then.

See yawl folks

#73 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Does anyone require a lift to the AGM venue and back home again, Ive got a 6 seater people carrier, I can pick up anyone from the east london/romford/local area or on route?,....... any small contributions towards the cost of petrol would be appreciated.

#74 EasyPyro Ltd

EasyPyro Ltd

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hey guys,

I've had a thought. If anyone wants to buy some products (igniters, firing systems, wire, whatever ...) and NOT PAY SHIPPING, email me on sales@easypyro.com with your order no later than Wednesday 2nd and I'll bring it down to the AGM.

The web shop is www.easypyro.com

All the best,

Andrew @ EasyPyro
EasyPyro Ltd || www.easypyro.com || 0845 468 2419
Wireless Firing Systems and Pyrotechnic Ignition Equipment!

#75 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Does anyone know a reasonable hotel or pub B&B near the meet.

Thanks

Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users