#106 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

:) only one more sleep! :)

Can't wait to hear this years speakers.

Do you think the ANPR car will be sitting at the end of the road ;)

#107 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

Do you think the ANPR car will be sitting at the end of the road ;)

No need to be too paranoid
Phew that was close.

#108 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

No need to be too paranoid

... So I needn't worry about GCHQ getting a satelite re tasked then :D...

#109 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

:blink: Yep no need to be too worried they already have your number :unsure:

Edited by digger, 04 May 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Phew that was close.

#110 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'll be more than happy to babysit also!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#111 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

I am guard duty as well, it will be nice to have a chat to you all.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#112 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

We need to decide what takeaway we want!

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#113 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

I don't mind, will go with the flow
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#114 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

What he said ^^!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#115 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

:) just returned from the agm at woodstock, a nice six hour round trip but worth every minute ,and only one word can explain how awesome a day it was "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"!
lol, seriously though i found it very informative with superb guest speakers,and a real treat to see old friends again, thank you ukps for a great day :)

Edited by dr thrust, 05 May 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#116 barnsley-mark

barnsley-mark

Why did I try that?

• UKPS Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Awesome day, really good to meet a few of you and definitely an enjoyable and informative experience. Great venue and organisation - a credit to all concerned. Thank you :)

#117 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

Great day folks, was especially great to catch up with everybody and meet new people too.

Talks were informative, the raffle was a really nice touch and the live demo's from Sidney were immense, what a character!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the day thanks to all involved.

Does anybody have a video of the display and kamuro finale?

#118 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Dr. Alfords magnesium MAGMA charge:

#119 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

Thanks must go to all of the UKPS committee (Digger, Phil Cooper, Wayne, Joseph, Richard H, Steve Miller, Phil Dunford, Chris Dunford), and other UKPS members (apologies if i have forgotten to mention anyone or have misplaced your official title or role) for organising & contributing to this years AGM, and to those who travelled hundreds of miles just to attend = it was good to see some old faces and new attendee`s

I particularly liked Steve Miller`s very interesting talk on the forensic science/investigation of firework incidents as a expert witness, in fact I would have liked more!

Great stirling effort from Vic for his rocket demo considering his recent personal predicaments = its not easy when you have to concentrate/remember and physically make something & talk at the same time in front of one`s peers,...well done mate, I hope you will do this again next year and make other inert devices!

Thanks to Sidney Alford & Son for a interesting and amusing presentation & field demonstration.

Thanks to Wayne for trying to explain the difficult ongoing ELR position.

Thanks to Joseph for organising the venue.

Thanks to Fruitfulsteve for organising the raffle

Thanks to Arthur Brown for organising my lift to the venue and to Gary for driving (hope your not too knackerd).

Thanks to all the firework firing crews & volunteers, and those who stayed & manned the site while others went for the pub meal (you know who you are)

Thanks to Phil Dunford for once again keeping the ship steady, and Matt for the camera work, and particularly this year to `Chris Dunford` (our membership secretary) for manning the shop considering her ongoing personal/private health issue = we wish you well!

Overall a pretty good AGM considering where we are as a society in general, ok there were one or two things we still have not solved = we need to sort out & buy/aquire a good quality lapel microphone for the speakers/presenters to wear = often we can`t hear them due to poor/average accoustic qualities in the venues we perform in.

The only slight downside was the M40 transit bus crash which delayed some of us, and Professor Chris Bishop not turning up (does anyone know why?, hopefully he will come next year!

#120 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Well thanks to everyone - it was a great day!

Very particular thanks must go to Joseph, a bit of an unsung hero. He did all the booking etc, negotiated the somewhat touchy subject of loud bangs in a residential area, liased with police, school & airport and not least made all those sandwiches on his own - all this while arranging his sisters wedding! The AGM would not have happened without him - respect!!

Hopefully we will manage to get Chris Bishop next year, but I think Sidney more than made up for his absence, what a character, & what a nice man...

Was great to chat to some new people as well as the old lags, we really need to grow in numbers and this was most encouraging.

With a new chair, it's a new era for the UKPS, so thanks to Richard and the very best of luck to Steve.

PS - we hope to get some footage up in due course, but we need to review what is suitable for public consumption!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users