• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 www.oliverbrown.co.uk

www.oliverbrown.co.uk

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

It wassn't a gf actually, she could be if she plays hers cards right, just don't tell the wife......:wacko:
In the tail was some titanium shavings I got from cooperman, they work very well and don't seem to be doing any damage to the spindle so far but as you say ferro-ti is an easy answer.
As for adding charcoal to the tail, I think it adds a really nice natural looking effect and costs next to nothing!!
http://www.oliverbro...o.uk/index.html Pyrotechnic supplies and tooling

#17 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Can anyone recommend a good source of info about building headers for 1lb rockets. If you don't use a hemi and you want a nice round break then could you still use a cylinder? I've seen some lovely patterned breaks on you tube from what appear to be cylinders which is interesting. I can only imagine that the stars are placed around the perimeter so the pattern is in a single plane unlike a round shell which goes in all directions?

#18 www.oliverbrown.co.uk

www.oliverbrown.co.uk

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Cylinder shells don't make the classic round breaks, stick with hemi's, a 1lb rocket will lift a 3" hemi pretty well.
http://www.oliverbro...o.uk/index.html Pyrotechnic supplies and tooling

#19 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Can anyone recommend a good source of info about building headers for 1lb rockets. If you don't use a hemi and you want a nice round break then could you still use a cylinder? I've seen some lovely patterned breaks on you tube from what appear to be cylinders which is interesting. I can only imagine that the stars are placed around the perimeter so the pattern is in a single plane unlike a round shell which goes in all directions?

You can make ring shells as Cylindrical shells, I believe there's an article in best of AFN which details the process.

You should look up traditional Italian construction if you want nice round breaks from cylinders. The Fulcanelli papers are a must read.

This gives you a visual guide for spherical pattern shells:
http://www.skylighte...ttern-shell.asp

And a nice pictorial from WPAG on cylinders here.

#20 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Cylinder shells don't make the classic round breaks, stick with hemi's, a 1lb rocket will lift a 3" hemi pretty well.

I had a very pleaseing sperical break from a 2.5" canister heading last week,using a half inch canule filled with B.P and two grams of 70.30 flash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users