Plymouth

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Is anyone here going to the firework champion of champions ?
Better still is anyone working on any of the displays, as i wouldn't mind a bit of a shifty at the firing site (if permissible) ? :D
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#2 www.oliverbrown.co.uk

www.oliverbrown.co.uk

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'll be there, should be a really good show!
http://www.oliverbro...o.uk/index.html Pyrotechnic supplies and tooling

#3 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'll be there on the Tuesday. Got a display site pass last time through the organisers. I can ask again if you fancy meeting up in the afternoon to have a look around? Not guaranteed though!

#4 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'll be there on the Tuesday. Got a display site pass last time through the organisers. I can ask again if you fancy meeting up in the afternoon to have a look around? Not guaranteed though!

What did you think of Star Fireworks show? I'm local to them and have been buying my fireworks from their shop in Bracknell since I was 14 (30 years ago and with a parent I hasten to add!).

#5 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

I actually missed the first couple of minutes of their display, due to parking issues, but what I saw was very good. I saw them win it in 2010 with a knockout display, they definitely earned their place at this year's event.
I read today that due to high winds on the second night (which I didn't attend) the teams had to fire limited displays and so the judging was cancelled and there will be no winner. Hoping to rerun it next year instead. Such a shame!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users