• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

We are planning a UKPS stand at the Eastnor leg of the fireworks champions competition. Eastnor

So far we only have the following to 'man' the stand:

Steve Miller
Phil Dunford
Chris Dunford.

From previous experience, this is not enough! There is always huge public interest and the staff on the stand are fully occupied from the time the public come on site until the fireworks start - usually about 4 hours.

I know some of the usual suspects are not available, but we do need more helpers. You just need to know what the UKPS is about and be able to chat to people about the UKPS in particular and fireworks in general...

Could you please let me know if you would be able to help?
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#2 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Phil,

Does the overnight camping area within Estnor Castle allow vehicles to erect driveaway awnings? or even gazebo`s next to there vehicles?

Will members of the UKPS who volunteer (man the stand) recieve free entry & camping?

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

"Phil,

Does the overnight camping area within Estnor Castle allow vehicles to erect driveaway awnings? or even gazebo`s next to there vehicles?

Not sure about this - think you would have to contact the organisers directly.

Will members of the UKPS who volunteer (man the stand) recieve free entry & camping?

Free entry certainly - don't know about camping..."

Thanks for your message Vic & Vince - will see you there!

Edited by phildunford, 23 August 2012 - 09:51 AM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Phil D,

Ive sent you a message! please get back to me ASAP

regards

Keith

#5 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Well quality rather than quantity!

Many thanks to Steve, Cynthia, Vic, Christina & Kevin (don't think I missed anyone) for sterling work on the stand at Eastnor.

Steves's mega tent provided an excellent setting for our show items, though it did threaten to blow into the next county at one stage. Fortunately Richard H came by at the opportune moment and held it in place while we battened down.

After a slowish start, we had the usual massive number of interested visitors and were all kept engaged non stop all evening. Vic's Rocket press was a new and excellent attraction.

I will put up some pictures in due course.

Many thanks again to Mat Lawrence (MD of MLE) for allowing us into his event - he's always been a good friend to the UKPS.

Edited by phildunford, 02 September 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#6 chrismdunford

chrismdunford

UKPS Treasurer

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Thanks also needs to go to gift of the gab Phil, for non-stop talking to anyone who dropped by!

#7 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Well done everyone !!
If the attendance was a little low it may be because of the link : 5th sept ? was that last year's or something ?
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#8 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Very good day had by all, glad to be able to do my bit. I will upload some photos as soon as I can.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#9 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

The stand at Eastnor

e1.jpg

Richard & Vic pose on the MLE firing line

e2.jpg

So many goodies on one of the MLE firing sites

e3.jpg

Darkness falls

e4.jpg
Posted Imagethegreenman

#10 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

Well done and thanks all who gave their time, disappointed I couldn't make it to this one.

#11 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Bit slow in putting this up! Short clip of final by MLE

Edited by Vic, 09 September 2012 - 03:06 PM.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#12 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

MLE can always be relied on for a great display.

The competitors were good too, but I felt they did not really interpret the music - apart from the stripper!
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users