Photo

Over inflated prices

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

i think that would be a great idea, the ukps keep full details on its members (proof of id, proof of age ect)

you already have 2 companies (optinum fireworks and myself Pdcfireworks) that work close to the ukps

Edited by PyroPDC, 12 September 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#17 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

If anyone can inform me 100% of the legalities of suplying fuse to our members legally, and any restrictions on differing types Im happy to do so.

As said before shipping is the stumbling block, as Oliver Brown seems to have sorted theis issue after working closely with trading standards so could you comment on shipping please?

#18 pyrothrust

pyrothrust

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Not quite understand. but trading standards have nothing to do with shipping. and as a lot of mail usually involves Airtransport somewhere along the line.conventional non courier is illegal.

#19 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

So I'm just trying to understand all this and I don't understand why quick match is classed as 1.3G?? Surely it should be 1.4G?

#20 www.oliverbrown.co.uk

www.oliverbrown.co.uk

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

If anyone can inform me 100% of the legalities of suplying fuse to our members legally, and any restrictions on differing types Im happy to do so.

As said before shipping is the stumbling block, as Oliver Brown seems to have sorted theis issue after working closely with trading standards so could you comment on shipping please?

Shipping was not discussed in my meeting with TS they were mainly concirned with labeling, packaging and correct storage.
http://www.oliverbro...o.uk/index.html Pyrotechnic supplies and tooling

#21 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

So can you advise me on a method of shipping please as I hve the rest sorted already?

#22 www.oliverbrown.co.uk

www.oliverbrown.co.uk

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

Like I already said, I have not taken advice on shipping but as I understand it shipping is problematic.
Currently I use exactly the same method of shipping you use to send your fuse.

#23 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

So am I correct that you're saying you've done nothing different to any of the rest of us but charge many times more for the same product?

#24 www.oliverbrown.co.uk

www.oliverbrown.co.uk

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

I oppererate quite differently to you in respect of who I sell too, my shop is open to anyone of the correct age.
I don't wish to fight with you Phil, you are a good guy and I know you mean well. You are selling to pro's and I am selling to general public, of course the price is different.

#25 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

There's been no surcharge for being a member of the public with any of the companies I've dealt with.

#26 bluetac

bluetac

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

There's been no surcharge for being a member of the public with any of the companies I've dealt with.

Which companies?

#27 bluetac

bluetac

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

That's not a "ha, prove it post" above. I use a fair bit of fuse on my home display and I pay these over inflated prices so I'd love to find it at bit more reasonable price.

#28 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

How much are you paying bluetac?

#29 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

That's not a "ha, prove it post" above. I use a fair bit of fuse on my home display and I pay these over inflated prices so I'd love to find it at bit more reasonable price.

You have PM ;)

#30 Pyro.1

Pyro.1

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

I second that
up until two years ago i was quite lucky to have a steady supply of 3mm fuse at a very good price, unfortunatly my supply came to an end due to the person suplyling it passing away.
Im a wheelchair user so find it important to have extended fuse on my Pyro, iv had a few close calls with commercial stuff and lost my eyebrows a few times :) . todays prices suck big time.

Paul.

2KNO3(s) + 3C(s) + S(s) -----> N2(g) + 3CO2(g) + K2S(s)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users