• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Would anyone be interested in any sizing screens and possably sieves that Im planning to make up (hopefully) soon?

The plan is to use euro boxes (trays in my opinion) and have the holes cut by cnc routing into the bases so as to get a perfect repeatable and neat product with no burrs etc.

I can technically make them in any hole size and when I work out the maths will post it up for costings.

Esentially 2mm to 50mm is possable in 0.5mm increments and would undoubtedly be a make to order thing.

Something like below in green but made from the 30x40cm gray trays instead, stackable and in a selection of colours if you want to make selection of sizes easier. (I think I may stick to one colour so they match and a bright one to make cleaning easier)

screenset.jpg euro-containers-closed-surface-AUER--eg43-75hg.jpg

The sieves would be the same trays but with most of the base removed, leaving a lip to have the sieve plastic sealed into it. Id probably intend to do sieves one colour and screens another to diferentiate them

The trays arent much each if I buy loads though the cnc cutting will be a major part of the cost especially with the smaller hole sizes based on there being more holes to machine in total.

Please give your opinions and interest guys.

#2 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Good Idea Phill, I'd be interested if the price is right.

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#3 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Set of screens going up to 3/4” and a robust 8# sieve, depending on the price.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#4 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

If folks can give me an idea of what they want in total I can start gettign some guestimates together.

Ideally (LOL) Id like a set of 2mm to 30mm in 0.5mm incriments myself but as Ive not won the lottery I imagine the 57 screens may be a bit much so likely to be 0.5mm incriments to say 8mm then 1mm incriments to the rest.

Id ideally like to do Metric just as thats my plan but I see no reason to not do imperial if you really want them?

#5 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

To bump this thread, Ive now just joint purchased a cnc router setup of my own, so doing sieves and screens to order wont be any issue.

new router.jpg

Im looking at ordering a number of the plastic boxes in bulk so if anyone really is interested in any of these please say hi as if all goes to plan I can deliver at the AGM.

I would GUESS costs at about £10 to £20 (maybe some as much as £25) each depending on the cost of the boxes, the size of the holes (bigger means less cutting!), how many we order in total, the mesh size if a sieve etc. 

Probably also depends how many I kill practicing too as Im a newbie to CnC milling!

Discounts for decent sized orders and multiple cutouts (IE if everyone is wanting 4mm sizing screens it makes my life easier though Ill end up doing myself a full set anyway!)

Please can you put a reply with your name at the bottom of a list and the screens / sieves you are interested in and Ill put up prices as soona s I can and confirm whats wanted.

So far

Phill - 45 boxes -

3mm through to 25mm sizing screens in 0.5mm incriments (26 ish screens with maybe some 0.5mm sizes taken out and some bigger added too) witha  full box too.

full set of sieves (19) with a dust lid for the top and a full box to collect at the bottom)(1# 2# 3# 4# 5# 6# 8# 10# 12# 16# 20# 30# 40# 60# 80# 100# 150# 250# 400#)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users