4 replies to this topic

#1 dannytsg

dannytsg

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hi all,

My name is Daniel and I'm 24 from Manchester.

I stumbled across this forum whilst doing some research into model rocketry and the composition of their engines.

I am planning on starting to build my own engines and possibly venture into the world of fireworks also and thought this would be a good place to learn and further my basic knowledge and ask any questions I may have.

I currently work as an engineer responsible for designing industrial scale fire suppression systems such as sprinkler/gas systems and I have always been interested in pyrotechnics/fireworks etc from a very you8ng age.

I am also planning to join the UKPS as a full member shortly to get the most out of the benefits.

Thanks

"Life - It is what it is"

#2 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Welcome along Daniel.

Please do join the society, but don't expect too much in the way of benefits, there aren't really any.

I think most of us join to get a feeling of legitimacy and to support the 'cause'.

It probably doesn't even cover running the website/forum and company admin costs.

That reminds me I must stump up my subs. Sorry Chris!!

#3 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Me too.

However let us see what happens this year in the way of events now that the better weather is arriving.............

Phew that was close.

#4 barnsley-mark

barnsley-mark

Why did I try that?

• UKPS Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Welcome to the forum, the wealth of knowledge and experience is amazing and definitely the way to move forward safely

#5 dannytsg

dannytsg

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

I agree with the legitimacy joining the society brings to this hobby as a lot of it seems to be legal taboo for the most part.

Thanks for the welcomes :D

"Life - It is what it is"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users