• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dannytsg

dannytsg

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Just thought I;d post this here after watching it last night. A good informative documentary about what goes into the making of a large scale display.

I apologize if this has been shared before.

"Life - It is what it is"

#2 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for that Danny, I enjoyed watching that.

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#3 dannytsg

dannytsg

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

No problem. I thought it was a good demonstration of how a big company still makes fireworks by hand and it demostrates how well their safe working practice is.

"Life - It is what it is"

#4 PyroSkitz

PyroSkitz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

i have to say i had a little laugh at this, their testing method for the stars is awesome...end of a plank and throw that bad boy in the air!!

We at UKPS probabbly have better testing methods alone!!, also the hand press with no shield with about 10kg of exposed "GE-RB" mix didnt seem the safest practice...

each to their own :)

#5 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

i have to say i had a little laugh at this, their testing method for the stars is awesome...end of a plank and throw that bad boy in the air!!

We at UKPS probabbly have better testing methods alone!!, also the hand press with no shield with about 10kg of exposed "GE-RB" mix didnt seem the safest practice...

each to their own :)

That's probably why that fella had fingers missing.

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#6 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

what's wrong with a modified catapult ?

#7 PyroSkitz

PyroSkitz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

That's probably why that fella had fingers missing.

Mr eagle eyes! i didnt pick up on that, but more than likely why...i didnt think their green colour was that special either, looked messy :P

#8 bangkokpyro

bangkokpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

It's impossible to judge colours well  by watching it close up and even more so on any kind of video or camera.

Testing using a star gun or better still with stars in a shell is the only way to see the true colour.

A blue star lit on the ground and viewed from 10 feet away may well appear washed out but in the air from 300 feet may be a good blue, this applies to almost all pyrotechnic mixtures and esp charcoal stars that depend on high speed travel through the air to emit a stream of burning charcoal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users