• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dannytsg

dannytsg

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Just a quick question for those who are members of the UKPS. Once you have paid and sent in your application, I assume that your details are held on file. Do you get issued with a membership card as proof of your membership and affiliation?

"Life - It is what it is"

#2 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yes, and you'll receive a new card each year that you renew.

#3 dannytsg

dannytsg

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yes, and you'll receive a new card each year that you renew.

Great. I'll keep it with my UK Rocketry Association card in the wallet. 

#4 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Great. I'll keep it with my UK Rocketry Association card in the wallet. 

Is this incase the Law catch you testing your rockets ha ha, good plan, I can see it adding merit to your case and proof you are not a mad man, infact a sensible practitioner of pyrotechnics!

#5 dannytsg

dannytsg

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

The whole point of my joining the society is to bring a legitimacy to the practices I wish to undertake along with model rocketry. This also being THE best place for advice and information it seemed like the logical step to join.

#6 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

The whole point of my joining the society is to bring a legitimacy to the practices I wish to undertake along with model rocketry. This also being THE best place for advice and information it seemed like the logical step to join.

Quite right,

There has been a lot of work carried out behind the scenes by UKPS members to bring some legitimacy to our hobby which is starting to bear fruit,and in the not to distant future we should get to hear the good news :)

#7 dannytsg

dannytsg

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Quite right,

There has been a lot of work carried out behind the scenes by UKPS members to bring some legitimacy to our hobby which is starting to bear fruit,and in the not to distant future we should get to hear the good news :)

Exactly right, which is why I didn't hesitate paying the membership fee after seeing and reading all the hard work that is being done to ensure we as members are protected and recognised outside of the typical "nut job" stereotype that goes along with anyone wanting to experiment in making explosive chemical compounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users