• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Thinking about this now and could really use some photos & articles.

eg, what you have been up to over the firework season etc.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#2 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

When are you thinking of publishing Phil?

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

When are you thinking of publishing Phil?

Well Bob - I'd like to publish in the near future so it goes out this year (we aim for two publications per year) but ATM I have one short article (apart from all the stuff I write myself).

It's either going to be very thin or not happen unless I get some content!

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

So, no content, no Spark...

Posted Imagethegreenman

#5 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

I had one article submitted, so Spark did not happen.

I'm attempting again to put an issue together.

If you have any material, please let me have it.

Hopefully someone may wish to write up the forthcoming AGM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#6 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

I would like to wright something for you I am no scribe but I have some interesting stories from my youth in to the introduction of pyrotechnics from the age of 14 but don’t expect a page of A4 it could go on a little, I would need to know what sort of input you would like. 

Hi Kenneth.

Articles like the one you suggest, can sometimes be the most interesting of all! I suppose the 'average' length of an article in Spark is in the region of 2-3 pages of A4. However we have had shorter ones and much longer ones that have been serialised over several issues. Please go ahead at any length you wish. Please email me editor@pyrosociety.org.uk if you have any specific questions.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#7 Peret

Peret

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

If it would be of interest, I can write an account of the 25th anniversary Winter Blast that just finished here in the US. We do have a handful of British members in the Western Pyrotechnic Association, though none attended this year. We would love it if some of you could join us for a pyro manufacturing holiday, perhaps at our five day September event. We have a "sponsored guest" program and you'd be well taken care of.

#8 dave

dave

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

could steve our chairman, write a few words on some aspect of special

effects in films?

its an area not really covered that well in the standard pyro books

dave

#9 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Peret: That would be excellent. Would love to see your five day event, but don't think the finances are up to it!

Dave: Good idea - we can but ask.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#10 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

If anyone needs some inspiration and is new to Spark, there are a couple of previous editions available for download on the website: http://www.pyrosocie...k/spark-online/

Peret, one day I would definitely love to attend one of the US events, you guys know how to do pyro events!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users