• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Well bugger me sideways and tickle me pink.

Does it actually look like the government are going to finally scrap the poisons legislation?

It certainly looks that way, Check out this link!!!!

Maybe all of your replies to the public consultation did some good.

Maybe you will now be able to buy barium nitrate legitimately as a private individual without signing the poisons register (ahem)

Lets hope the explosives precursors legislation ends up with a similar result (OK counting chickens more that a little bit not knowing the exact changes to be made to the poisons legislation).

Fingers crossed chaps.

Edited by digger, 28 January 2014 - 12:36 AM.

Phew that was close.

#2 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

Errrr - does it say that? I hope so.

In which case, now we can be sure the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing!

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#3 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

There will still be the tiny matter of getting someone to stock it for sale!

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#4 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Errrr - does it say that? I hope so.

In which case, now we can be sure the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing!

Well lets hope so (i know very premature). A poisons licence is currently required from trading standards to sell schedule 2 poisons. I guess this is what he is refering to with the oven cleaner poisons quote.

So maybe it will only apply to schedule 2, but lets hope it is a little more wide ranging than this.

Phew that was close.

#5 Peret

Peret

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

LOL, you chaps are reacting like the UK Government has any control over it.

The real government at the EU Commission will give the UK Parish Council its orders, and they'll have no choice but to obey.

#6 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Unfortunately chaps, on this occasion he is referring to poisons legislation and not the explosives precursor legislation.

The poisons legislation is actually the poisons act 1972 which does not have any influence at all from the European Parliament. 

D

Edited by digger, 03 February 2014 - 02:47 PM.

Phew that was close.

#7 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Because some of the chemicals in oven cleaner can be schedule II poisons requiring the seller to have a licence issued by local trading standards.

Phew that was close.

#8 Peret

Peret

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Digger, if national governments still have competence over poisons legislation, it must only be because the EU hasn't got round to it yet. In any case, the explosives precursors directive will make it moot, because without oxidizers you don't need the poisons.

I too hope that Britain escapes from the EU before it's too late, for the sake of my family that still lives there. It must have seemed like a good idea in the 1960s, but I can't personally see how membership has benefited Britain in anything remotely proportional to what it's cost. It hasn't even got bad yet - if the 80% cut in electricity consumption is carried through you'll all be eating raw turnip and shivering in the dark, and November 5th will be renamed Edward Heath day after the man who did, successfully, destroy Parliament.

#9 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Hi Peret.

We Brits are a reserved lot, but there does come a time when you can push us too far. If and when that happens we can and do bite back, and I would not want to be in government then...

Edited by phildunford, 05 February 2014 - 10:25 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#10 Peret

Peret

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

I remember Brits did bite back once not so long ago, over gasoline prices. It did my heart good to see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users