5 replies to this topic

#1 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

This is an election year for UKPS.

If you would like to stand for any of the positions, please let the Secretary & Chair know, or state your interest here.

All positions are up for election & appointments will be confirmed at the AGM on 15th March 2014.

Chair

Vice Chair

Secretary

Treasurer

Safety Officer

We would also love to have some 'ex-officio' members with lots of new ideas who will contribute to our meetings.

Edited by phildunford, 08 February 2014 - 12:30 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#2 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

Just to let you all know, I don't intend to stand again as Vice-Chair.

I think I've done all I can at the moment and it's time for people with drive and fresh ideas to be actively involved.

So - please consider what YOU could do for the society, if you wish it to continue and prosper.

(I have offered to continue to produce Spark, if that is the wish of the majority)

Edited by phildunford, 20 February 2014 - 11:08 AM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#3 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Just to let you all know, I don't intend to stand again as Vice-Chair.

I think I've done all I can at the moment and it's time for people with drive and fresh ideas to be actively involved.

So - please consider what YOU could do for the society, if you wish it to continue and prosper.

(I have offered to continue to produce Spark, if that is the wish of the majority)

It is a great shame that you are giving up the role of Vice-Chair, but I can understand.

You have my vote to carry on producing Spark, it has come a long way over the years down to you.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#4 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Sorry to hear that Phil

I too will have to withdraw from the society this year.

I dearly want to stay involved and will be found hanging around here from time to time, but unfortunately my day job is no longer a day job and takes me out of the country regularly for periods of time which means I can't make definite commitments at the moment.

Gareth

Phew that was close.

#5 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

That is a big loss to the UKPS,

Two of our prominent staff having to stand down :(

#6 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Well thanks for the acknowledgements guys.

The best legacy to our work would be some good people to carry it on!

BTW, I will still be knocking around, in fact I'll be doing a talk about fireworks to U3A later in the year - 350 in the audience :wacko:.

Just that I feel it's time for some new faces if the society is to prosper.

So - vacancy for Vice-chair & safety officer - you could go for those without an election - but of course, ALL posts are available in this election year.

Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users