2 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Griffin

Mark Griffin

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

First post!

After years of doing my own thing and working on bits and bobs (all nicely legal, professional and coming with tons of RA stuff) I'm trying to get an idea off the ground but one aspect is making Black Match as a demo for interested visitors to heritage sites. So, does making black match fall foul of any legislation? Assuming one has the right bp certs, what are the rammifications of getting peope to 'have a go', even if it it not handling the bp? Turning a handle to wind the string for example.

What bits of the process might fall foul of any regs?

Thanks for your input and thanks to Bob and Phillip with my signing up to get there :-)

Yours,

Griff

#2 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Specifically for BP. At a canon firing session for re-enactors it was said that the gun team leader NEEDS COER acquire or A&K for the BP being handled BUT the others who may actually be loading the weapon under supervision may have COER for BP. SO COER wise you should be in the clear if one person has a ticket and really IS supervising the powder. Additional risk assessment will be needed as "Joe Public" is totally lacking in pyro common sense

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#3 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

Loose BP (wet or not) anywhere near the general public sounds like trouble.

Would a inert version just to show technique not suffice ?

Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users