Photo

Explosive precursor licencing - Now live!

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#91 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:10 PM

A question for those who have submitted the EPP form; did you need to get a "Certificate of good conduct" from your police force?

I ask because the EPP website has a guidance checklist you can download of all the things you will need ready to complete the form, which includes the bank statements, driving licence, counter signatures etc, but also says you'll need a "Certificate of Good Conduct" from your police force. It doesn't really tell you what this is or how to obtain one, but seeing as noone else has mentioned this in the thread I'm hoping it's a mistake.

Checklist is here...

https://www.gov.uk/g...7/Checklist.pdf

... as linked to from the EPP page here...

https://www.gov.uk/g...sive-precursors

#92 GMetcalf

GMetcalf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

You only require a certificate of good conduct if you aren't a British Passport holder I believe.

#93 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:37 AM

A question for those who have submitted the EPP form; did you need to get a "Certificate of good conduct" from your police force?

I ask because the EPP website has a guidance checklist you can download of all the things you will need ready to complete the form, which includes the bank statements, driving licence, counter signatures etc, but also says you'll need a "Certificate of Good Conduct" from your police force. It doesn't really tell you what this is or how to obtain one, but seeing as noone else has mentioned this in the thread I'm hoping it's a mistake.

Checklist is here...

https://www.gov.uk/g...7/Checklist.pdf

... as linked to from the EPP page here...

https://www.gov.uk/g...sive-precursors

No, unless you 

have ever been, a citizen of a country or countries other than Great Britain, you will need to provide a certificate of good conduct from that, or those other countries, alongside your application.

#94 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for the update, that is good news. The wording of their checklist is terrible!

Hoping to get my application in very shortly.

#95 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

Good man!  :)

#96 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

EPP application is in, what a long-winded form!

#97 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

EPP application is in, what a long-winded form!

Bob is it possible to see the whole form before you answer the questions.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#98 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

No you can't, I must have filled out the first few pages four or five times to see what info would be asked for. I'll try and collate (from memory) exactly what you need to fill in the form before you start.

#99 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

If it helps anyone, here is everything you need to do or information you need to gather before you start filling in the form. It doesn't let you save your progress and you can't jump ahead until you've completed each page, so you can't see what is coming.

Caveats: this is assuming you are a UK citizen, over 18 and with a passport or driving licence. Your countersignatory is the same, and you have no relevant medical conditions or convictions that require notifying. If any of these aren't true you may need to take some extra steps, so check the site for details (link below).

1. Get a recent (<3 months) bank/mortgage/building society statement
  2. Get a recent (<3 months) water/gas/electricity/tax/phone/credit card bill
  3. Get your UK photo driving licence or UK passport
  4. Photocopy all of the above (it doesn't say but I'd assume they want colour)
  5. Get someone to act as countersignatory: Must be over 18, known you for 2+ years, not related to or in a relationship with you, and be a professional or other "well-respected" member of the community.
  6. On the photocopy of the two bills/statements, get the countersignatory to write "I certify this is a true copy of the original as seen by me", sign and date it, and print their name.
  7. On the photocopy of the driving licence or passport, get the countersignatory to write "I certify this is a true likeness of YOUR NAME as seen by me", sign and date it, and print their name.
  8. Get the number of your countersignatory's UK driving licence or UK passport, their full name, address, job title, email and phone number.
  9. Scan all three of the countersigned documents from above and have them ready on your computer.
  10. Decide which of the controlled precursors and poisons you will need, the concentrations, and the highest amount you will want to purchase at any one time.
    • Full list can be seen by going here, choosing 'Do I need a licence? and then selecting 'No' when asked if you already have a licence: https://eforms.homeo...w-guidance.ofml
    • The UKPS guidance recommends the following for normal pyro experimentation:
      • Explosive precursor: Potassium Chlorate (100% concentration, <=10kg as required for your experiments, I put 5kg)
      • Explosive precursor: Potassium Perchlorate (100% concentration, <=10kg as required for your experiments, I put 5kg)
      • Poison: Barium Salts (You need to manually specify Barium Nitrate and Barium Chlorate on the form) (100% concentration, <=10kg as required for your experiments, I put 1kg)
  11. You will need the address(es) of where the substances will be stored and used (if not just your home address). You can add multiple addresses, but you need to do them separately per substance.

It's a long form, so have patience! :)

The Application Form:

Please send me any corrections, as this is mostly from memory. Also note that I don't know if my application has been granted yet, so no promises! Mine has now been granted!

#100 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

Bob, thank you so much for that, they don't make it easy.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#101 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

EPP granted! 7 working days turnaround, which isn't bad for a government operation I think.

#102 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

That's great Bob! Now we just need some paper work to say we can do something with it!

Rod

#103 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

Rod, oddly and ridiculously, nothing on the precursors licence relates to what one ELO wants proof of competence for.

I believe you or Arthur said he specifically wanted proof of using BP for pyro purposes.

One you satisfy him on the A&K for BP front, will you then have to jump through more hoops for an acquire only for other pyrotechnic compositions.

Where will it all end.

Good luck, hope you're making progress.

Would he accept a method statement detailing how you intend to work, that's more info than someone wanting an A&K for reloading would have to provide.

And - you want bp to use as a propellant to project a 2g ball of compressed powder out of a cardboard tube, a reloader wants bp to use as a propellant to project a lead ball out of a steel tube!!!

And well done Bob.

Edited by martyn, 14 May 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#104 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Is the deadline for getting EPP October 2016 ?

Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#105 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

No.

Needed now for new purchases, and from 3rd March 2016 for existing  stocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users