19 replies to this topic

#16 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

Unfortunately ADR and CDG does apply to private individuals. You will find that all fireworks that you buy in the shops are classified for transport.

There is a derogation in CDG that allows you to transport CLASSIFIED fireworks for use at home given certain weight restrictions. All consumer fireworks are classified hence marking such as 1.4s, 1.4g and 1.3g, rather than a simple HT3 or HT4 (the 1. bit means it has been classified for transport by road, rail and sea). I am certain of this as it was part of the exam I did when I got my ADR licence.

No part of this derogation allows unclassified explosives can be transported by road without authourisation from the HSE whether by an private individual or a business, that is a fact.

Quite correct. This is what my post was referring to.

Who tests the tester.

#17 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

So lets assume I WALK by foot path 1/2 mile to my friendly farmers field and I get stopped for some unrelated reason by the police. How do I explain the suspicious articles that I am "legally" carrying? Not something that they will come across every day I'm sure. I still recon the road would be cordoned off quicker  than you could say quickmatch!

Still not completely happy with the potential outcomes of some scenarios I can think of.

Once again I think this should be added as an important point to the guidance document.

Rod

#18 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

Sorry Rocketpro, this thread about the testing of experimental pyrotechnics. It appeared that you were saying that they could be transported by road as ADR and CDG don't apply.

ADR and CDG do apply, the derogation is within CDG and it allows all people business or otherwise to transport classified explosives/fireworks etc to certain weight limits without having to plate up.

Experimental pyrotecnics can't be transported from the site of manufacture by road unless they have been either classified OR an authorisation has been issued by the HSE.

Rod I understand your point, however if you have got your COER certificate sorted out and have discussed with police what your intentions are (what you are making and where you are testing it) then there should not be a problem as you would be able to instantly refer them to your local ELO to verify that you are legal.

I agree it should be added to the guidance document. Lets hope Wayne pipes in soon.

Phew that was close.

#19 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Ah good point Gareth, I think if and when the certificates come through I will have another chat with my ELO

Rod

#20 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

Yes, my fault I should have made it a little clearer.

Who tests the tester.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users