• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 monkeyzoo

monkeyzoo

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

Hi All, my brother in law passed away recently at the age of 36 and was extremely clever (unlike me). We have a plan to send his ashes up into the night sky on a massive firework rocket as he was fascinated by space and time. I was looking for suggestions on the best/highest rocket we can buy in the UK to send him on his way? We plan to send him skywards on the 7th of November (his birthday) if anyone has suggestions? The ultimate dream is to actually send him into space but we realize this is probably not possible but if anyone has an idea? lol. Thanks in advance. Tim

#2 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

Several of us have the ability to put ashes into a firework shell and fire it for you. Have you a location in mind. Sadly ashes into space is not available at this time.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#3 monkeyzoo

monkeyzoo

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the response, money is not an option so we were looking for the biggest and highest firework possible? maybe not to contain all the ashes but at lest some?

#4 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

we have attached a 5" funeral shells to 12" willow shells. give a better wow factor. 

you can buy rockets which you put the ashes inside but they dont have a great effect to what most people expect.  

anything big you may need to look at a company making and firing for you but 7th november may be hard as that is the first saturday for bonfire night. 

#5 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

Hi Monkeyzoo

This is a service we offer as a company, see here for more information: http://www.illusionf...-dispersal/cxcl

We use custom made Vulcan Ashes shells, they are about 500mm long and contain a cylindrical Gold Brocade shell as well as a compartment for the ashes to be loaded into.

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#6 monkeyzoo

monkeyzoo

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for all your advise guys, i think we are going to struggle to find someone to do the display on the 7th nov. We have a budget of around £2000 if anyone knows a reputable company that will be available?

#7 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

Monkeyzoo,

Great to talk to you earlier, it is unfortunate we are not able to help you out on that date, we are simply completely booked to capacity. As I mentioned, if you were to consider any of the other dates discussed we will be there to carry out the incredible gesture.

Email to follow as promised.

#8 megabusa

megabusa

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

What area are you in Monkeyzoo ?

#9 Blaze Fireworks Ltd

Blaze Fireworks Ltd

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for all your advise guys, i think we are going to struggle to find someone to do the display on the 7th nov. We have a budget of around £2000 if anyone knows a reputable company that will be available?

Hi monkeyzoo, not sure if you have found anyone to help you yet, but I could currently do that date.

If I can be of any help, please drop me an email to displays@ blazefireworks.co.uk

Regards

Andy
www.blazefireworks.co.uk
www.fireworksforyourwedding.co.uk

#10 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:47 PM

I believe Optimum are looking after this, we were stretched as it is on the 7th :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users