19 replies to this topic

#16 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:23 AM

We used to use a lot of yellow MDPE pipe, and often wondered how one would stand up to a shell malfunction.

We decided to test a two inch out with the lift charge removed from a 2" maroon. 

The result was very impressive - the tube actually took off at an angle and landed 30 feet away. It had held together, but it had instantly melted and deformed under the extreme heat and pressure and looked like a miniature dead tree.

I kept it as an ornament for a few years.

Who tests the tester.

#17 BlackCat

BlackCat

• UKPS Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

I have to admit that I'm coming round to the view that cardboard tubes with rammed clay is probably the best way forward for me especially as it appears that they can be used several times. I do like the idea of MDPE pipe but, the truth is that you can buy an awful lot of cardboard tubes for the price of the pipe if you can't cadge some from somewhere. It's even more true when you look at the cost of PTFE and the commercially available guns.

#18 PeteyPyro

PeteyPyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Got this brilliant star gun from Caleb (Woodsrocks in the states). My old one was in need of rewelding, and I saw this one on special. It's fun to load with my favourite stars when I need my daily "fix" of pyro.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171207_200642.jpg

#19 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

wow,

That is the Aston Martin of star guns , lovely :)

#20 PeteyPyro

PeteyPyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:20 AM

Thank you, ss. Caleb, at www.woodysrocks.com, has these, and other smart gear on sale. He rarely has sales, but is now, in celebration of the newborn in his family. Promo code is "itsagirl". I receive no renumeration from him, and only recommend him because of the quality of what he manufactures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users