Jump to content


Aquire Only License

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 davekp


    New Member

  • General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:20 PM

Hi Everyone,


New to this forum. Looking for a little advice. Thought I would get into the hobby of pirotechnics. I thought I would start by experimenting with very small amounts of compositions and then work up to a few candles to start with. I got a bit ahead of myself and ordered a bunch of legal supplies (I cancelled my order of perchlorate). After reading the very useful guide on legislation produced by the UKPS I realise I now need an explosives license for even the smallest scale experiments and an EPP license to order things like perchlorate.


Has anyone experience of getting a license in urban areas. I live in a ground floor terrace flat in London. I have a garden but it is not big enough to have a separate workshop. I would have to do any production outside or in the kitchen. As I mentioned this would be very small batches of materials. I want to do thins safely and legally.


Is this idea a complete non-starter for the explosives officer and the law? Is there anything I can do to make the police look more favourably on me?







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users