Photo

What does the society need to keep going?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JonW

JonW

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:21 PM

Hi all,

I rarely post and have never been an official member of the UKPS, however, seeing the recent decline I would like to support the society in anyway I can.

However, I can not find anywhere the committee has actually listed what help they need and what the future plans are for the society. I would hate to think all the information in these forums just gets deleted and nobody talks about the UKPS eve again......

So what do you need and how can people help?

#2 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:03 PM

Hopefully,an answer will come.
This society does need to live on.

#3 BlackCat

BlackCat

• UKPS Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with you in that the Society needs to continue but, sadly, it seems that very few people actually visit the site anymore.

So how about it past and present committee members (if there are any) are you prepared to tell us what's needed, or do you intend it to slowly die?

#4 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

The Society needs a purpose, the forum needs 100 regular posters and say 20 posts per day.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#5 JonW

JonW

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

It's a bit chicken an egg though. I know a few experimenters and I am sure there are loads more I don't know.

If the society chooses not to have an active committee that are seen to be doing something then no one will join or even comment on the forum.

#6 Pyro-Gear

Pyro-Gear

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

The Society needs a purpose, the forum needs 100 regular posters and say 20 posts per day.

Arthur how did you come up with that equation AFAK there is only one site fire working that could hit that amount of posts per day and even then a constant post count would be unlikely.

@JonW the real problem is there is no one at the wheel the ship is just drifting and those that have the ability to take hold of the wheel don’t want to do it, it’s a good job that Richard keeps the forum hosted for free and I would to given the amount of information that is available to the public.

I know for a fact offers have been made to resurrect the forum unfortunately those that have the ability to respond to the offers have not.

I have done my best to keep the community alive with my own forum and as you say there are still a lot of experimenters out there, in my humble opinion the only person that could breathe new life in to the forum is the owner himself by removing the dead wood.    

Edited by Pyro-Gear, 04 October 2019 - 03:17 PM.

#7 BlackCat

BlackCat

• UKPS Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:52 PM

Well said Ken!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users