3 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:11 AM

My new improvised star roller is great fun. I decided to use up some powders, and give some colour changing stars a go. I had some Veline red (modified) and Blue to use up. I started with crackling microstars for cores, and proceeded to roll on the blue, red, then some BP with metal, then pure BP for the outer prime. Some grew up to about 1.5cm, but most were about half that. The layers of blue and red ended up quite thin, and I used no relay comp. I took some of the smaller stars, and put them into a 19mm starmine with 2g of my new lift. I was greeted with the most amazing, vivid purple/pink (I said purple, my girlfried said pink) I think "lilac" describes it best. There was no visible colour change observed. I've never seen a purple this vivid, after many dissapointing experiments mixing/modifying Veline's coloured comps. I've saved the larger stars for my next shell, so we'll see if they turn out purple aswell, or actually change colour. Is there some sort of minimum size for colour changing stars? - I would have thought that the layers need to be quite thick, and steady burning?

Edited by Creepin_pyro, 03 June 2004 - 11:15 AM.

#2 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:25 AM

Hmm sounds good but i did an expiriment ones and i mixed two star formulas together and they made a pink and they were red and white and they made a bright pink it was nice. :D
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#3 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:59 PM

Good job it didn't make a nice report. I hope you knew fully what the composition of the two formulae were... Remember, things have to be COMPATIBLE
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#4 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:55 PM

Good point about compatible powders. Mine were Veline blue and red. The modifications were only very slight, and didn't include any nasty incompatibles. Is rolling veline's star comp onto primed crackling stars a good idea? I never really thought about that :(

Edited by Creepin_pyro, 07 June 2004 - 06:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users