#1 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:52 PM

Hi
i have just watched this Rocket Video Clip From the freakpyromaniacs site..and i like the look of the last 2 rockets... now the 3rd rocket is the rocket i want to build i love that twinkle glittering effect ..Now what is that effect called is it a glitter twinkler or flitter or something else and what Formula would best recreate that effect... Hope some one can help Also what size payload do you think that was ?..The second rocket looked like it had a massive break but was a bit out of focus.. any idea what payload formula that rockets used?..
Cheers
sasman

#2 Flashy

Flashy

Safety First!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:35 PM

I think this is the rocket that was fired last, judging from the pictures i've seen. The payload is about the size of a cricket ball apparently. Don't know if its any help.

Posted Image

Image taken from http://www.firework-review.org.uk

Edited by Flashy, 09 June 2004 - 04:02 PM.

#3 Pazza

Pazza

Not just a pretty face

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:00 AM

looks more like a strobe to me

glitter just sits in the sky and sparkles, strobes kind of have a more intense flashing and they usually have a certain frequency that they will strobe at, glitter has a random frequency.

ok i take that back, i just watched it again and it does look more like glitter, just a really intense glitter.

i'm sure you can find some good glitter formulas in the pyrotechnic formulas board

Edited by Pazza, 09 June 2004 - 11:15 AM.

#4 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:14 PM

What is the difference between Glitter and strobe and Flitter? Has anyone Got a video of the Different effects...I have been reading a book on the chemistry of glitter but without video evidence i'm a bit confused ...This Freakpyromaniacs video is excatly the effect i want to reacreate....

Edited by sasman, 29 June 2004 - 02:15 PM.

#5 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:58 PM

Robert,

Flitter is a metal effect, while glitter is an oxidation / sulphide effect. A flitter star will leave metal sparks behind the main star itself to form a tail.

The mesh size of the metal particles will determine tail characteristics.

A glitter star ejects droplets of molten aluminium surrounded by a temporary sulphide coating. These randomly flash in the air producing a glittering effect. Each particle will flash once only.

A strobe effect is a composition that alternates between a flash and a smoulder phase. If the same point of light / star flashes repeatedly then you are watching a strobe effect (as is case with Freak Pyromaniacs video)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users