35 replies to this topic

#16 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:35 AM

It happened....... I just ordered a fender squeir affinity fat strat. I like the guitar, and the humbucker just sealed the deal!

Cool. Now you have an old guitar, right ;)

I suggest you do some customisation (on the old one). Carving is always fun - just buy some chisels. Failing that, a random psychadelic paint job is always good. Perhaps you could hammer the frets out, add a bass string, and make a fretless half-baritone. That would be nice. Oh, and when you're done painting, add a headstock-mounted fireball launcher :D

#17 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:08 AM

Its gonna be my new concept guitar. Might smack in some LED's, a muffler tip, blow off valves and some pulsing blue neons ( yep, too much need for speed underground)

i do want to repaint it though, ive always wanted to do that. Maybe buy some stock pickups and knobs etc then rewire it (all crackly when fiddling with knobs) and flog it off.

Oh and I might aswell grab a new amp, will get a fender frontman amp next week. Tiny thing i know but amps are just so very expensive.

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#18 Aussie Pyro King

Aussie Pyro King

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:13 AM

Anyone into classical guitar? O an i own a 1964 Gibson and also a $5000 custom made. :P not that i'm boasting lol

#19 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:27 PM

I play drums if anyones interested got a pearl masterworks for ?4000 and some original sabian zidjian broihters cymbles from 1960's
HHHHEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEES JOHNNY!!

#20 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:31 PM

Ok change of plans... I got a call yesterday saying that they are out of stock and are having troubles getting them in...... So they offered an Ibanez rx40 for $340. I personally prefer the look of the ibanez guitars anyway hehe.

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#21 Aussie Pyro King

Aussie Pyro King

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:08 AM

I have an Ibanez RG 270. Great guitar.

#22 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:34 PM

I always used to play Premier (support your country!!) and Sabian.. OK so they are Canadian but at least not American or Turkish (I consider Canada to be more 'British' than America).

Maybe one day I will start playing again.. but not some damn electric kit! NEVER!
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#23 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:09 PM

I agree electric is pretty pointless why not use a keyboard. did you know the owners of sabian and zidjian are brothers that are rivals thats why i think my cymbals are special as they are in the time period when they where not fighting.

#24 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:43 AM

Woooooooooo got my rx 40 and my frontman amp yesterday, LOVE EM!

I was actually a bit worried as ive never played on an ibanez before so i wasnt sure if i would like it but its fantastic. Ive grown a weird fixation on the wammy bar....

Cost me just over half a grand all up and couldnt be more happy.

-Matt

#25 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 02:39 AM

OK heres the result of my old guitar, sanded it all back and painted it white. (was red) ive sanded the neck right back so that its all wood grain, i have however painted the front and back of the head stock white.

Still only half way there, needs another coat of paint then ill laquer it up. I slapped it all together to see how it looks.

Posted Image

#26 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:04 AM

AdamW do you have any usable pieces of kit that you would let go for lets say some of the good ole' GPB? ;)

#27 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 07:58 PM

'Fraid not. All sold. Apart from a few sticks which I am keeping for sentimental value :)
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#28 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:06 AM

Oh ok then, not even any cymbal stands as i seem to have over purchased.........

#29 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:06 AM

'Fraid not. All sold. Apart from a few sticks which I am keeping for sentimental value

Here we go again !... just cant separate AdamW and his sticks :P

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#30 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:58 AM

Maybe they would make good charcoal since they are made from hickory :D unless they have nylon tips ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users