102 replies to this topic

#16 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 08:39 PM

Why don't you ask the nice people at fireone? :rolleyes:

I trust you are rather skilled at electronics then? A system like fireone is not exactly GCSE electronics.

#17 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:08 PM

Lol I am not building one like that a smaller and less complicated one I am ok at electronics but still learning i have programmed a PSI or PCI I think anyways chip and it worked controlling a circuit board. Pleas pleas pleas tell me the ins and out of the stuff its got like what type of cable it uses and what type of XLR connectors it uses. Also all the switches pleas i am having great difficulty at finding them. Thanks i hope you can help me. :D
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#18 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:15 PM

pyrotechnist, I am setting up a display next weekend. I might be able to take a camera and I could take some pictures for you of the whole setup. That is a maybe though, it depends on whether my dad minds me taking the camera but I might buy a disposable one.

Edit:
Via special request, I will post some details. The display is going to be at Bodelwyddan in North Wales on the 17th of July. If its anything like last year, it will be fired in time to music but we don't have a computer controlled system, just one big box and some trigger happy fingers. If anybody wants to come along and see what happens, I am the short one with a big grin on his face, I am actually getting paid this year, ?35 :) .

I don't know how much it costs to get in but I don't think it will be much. Even so, if you cant get in, you will still get to see about ?1500-?2000 being fired in the form of shells, candles, cakes and maybe a 10" shell, if they give us the correct one this year, they gave us an 8" when we had a 10" mortar last time <_< .

I will get the details of whats actually happening in a few days so I can give you better infromation then.

Just found this link:

http://www.concert-d...ef=13&back=true

Stuart

Edited by Stuart, 06 July 2004 - 06:21 AM.

#19 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:02 PM

pyrotechnist, I have deleted the last post, take the discussion about specifics into the appropriate part of the forum. This is purely to post about upcomming events and write ups on them as well as comments.
To answer your question, each different system uses different cable... anything from mormal flex to multocore twisted pair cables to standard network cables.

Mark

Edited by The_Djinn, 06 July 2004 - 08:04 PM.

KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#20 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:05 PM

I have been asked to remove the information here :(

Edited by Stuart, 09 July 2004 - 09:43 PM.

#21 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:04 PM

Stu, which company is doing the display? I'm guessing Skyburst / The Firework Co.

#22 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:55 PM

Hi i am wondering what are channels in a firing system? What do they do? Thanks.

#23 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:36 PM

I work with the Firework Company. I am going to see about working for some others too.

#24 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:36 PM

Pyrotechnist, please create a new topic in the main forum. This is not the correct place to discuss firing systems.

#25 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 09:05 AM

pyrotechnist, mate, do a search on Google or something!! All firing systems are different, have different numbers of channels, use different switches, connectors etc. There is no 'standard' for them.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#26 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:28 PM

Ok thanks stuart you in teens like 16 or 17? How you get to work at company doing firework displays? I have worked for Black cat Standard fireworks in huddersfield for few days has a designer it was good.

Edited by pyrotechnist, 10 July 2004 - 06:29 PM.

#27 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:46 AM

I'm 16. Someone contacted me when they saw that I lived in North Wales when they were doing a display there. This was with the old forum software that had a Location field bit under the avatar.

#28 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:47 PM

Great fun, started rigging at 7.30pm fired at 10.30pm then the packing up in the dark! Bits everywhere lift cups wadding and general MESS. Oh! and a couple of half blind cakes - didnt go all the way. All hand fired with portfire. Had to leave the garden clear! industrial vacuum cleaner next time.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#29 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:55 PM

So did you have chance to work alongside Ron?
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#30 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 06:55 PM

I haven't worked with Ron, don't know who he is :blink: . I have worked with Andy, if you know who he is, and some other people, not sure what their names are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users