Photo

Bad news. New law been passed

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_wwwsimondorncom_*

Guest_wwwsimondorncom_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:29 AM

Hmmm, not so sure about the police not doing anything to catch shopkeepers selling to underage people. The local paper in Bedford is always going on about how the DTI send out 13 year olds to buy cigs, booze and fireworks and yes some people have been caught out around here - quite recently in fact. Its not really the police who enforce this law anyway they pick up the pieces when the DTI catch someone out.

#32 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:48 AM

Perhaps your area has a better rate of pursuit than mine (East Sussex). What punishments do these shopkeepers receive? Even multiple offenders when they do get caught again never seem to be punished to the full extent of the law.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#33 Guest_wwwsimondorncom_*

Guest_wwwsimondorncom_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2004 - 11:57 AM

I dont remember the actual punishment they were given apart from the fine of around ?1,000. I dont think they went inside or had anything nasty like that happen to them. Usually a DTI investigation will mean someone will get fined around here.
It makes sence really. If they are earning a living by selling things to kids then at the end of the day earning ?50-?100 selling fireworks to underage youths doesnt become so appealing when they will fine them ten times what they make when they catch them...
Lets face it if someone is buying fireworks and they are underage its not very likely that they will be letting them off legally in a back garden somewhere.
I remember what I used to do with them when I was a kid... !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users