Photo

Places to buy small plastic shells and such.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

I put in an order on Pyrocreations for some 1 3/4" and 1" hemis, only around $9 shipping if you dont mind waiting 4 to 6 weeks! This is to the UK too, from USA. Shame they dont ship fuses they have some nice effects fuse and visco too. Prices for them are:

1" $3.95 for 25
1 3/4" $7.69 for 25
3" $4.95 for 12

As this topic is about small shells I won't go any further. I will probably let you know more when I recieve the order, and see what the quality is like.
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#32 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:01 PM

OK, I paid a bit extra for shipping so I didnt have to wait as long, and the hemis seem ok for the price. No excess bits of plastic where they are taken out of the mould etc, and well formed fuse hole that fits 1/8" visco. I ordered some tubes too and they are well made, and stronger than expected for the wall size (1/16th").

Hope this helps

#33 tiggywig

tiggywig

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

OK, I paid a bit extra for shipping so I didnt have to wait as long, and the hemis seem ok for the price. No excess bits of plastic where they are taken out of the mould etc, and well formed fuse hole that fits 1/8" visco. I ordered some tubes too and they are well made, and stronger than expected for the wall size (1/16th").

Hope this helps

Try PlanetPyro for fuse. I havent actually ordered from them, but know of people that have and heard all good reports. Their tubes are more expensive than pyrocreations, but they have a nice range of gear.
Im going to order some Visco and flying fish fuse today or tomorrow, I will let you all know the quality of the stuff here when it arrives. B)

Edited by tiggywig, 20 June 2006 - 12:18 PM.

#34 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

Thats where I got my fuse, they ran out now though, will probably getting more soon. They say its around 3/16th" but it seems to fit all the 1/8" fuse holes I've tried it in...

Very good quality stuff though, seems to have a core or something down the middle, can't work out what it is but it burns away with the rest of the fuse.

Their effects fuse is great for rocket headers, made a few with green flying fish and its easier than making stars if you want a quick project to fire within minutes.

See this video for one using their flying fish, although it was cut a bit short.

Edited by pyromaniac303, 20 June 2006 - 12:21 PM.

#35 tiggywig

tiggywig

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

Thats where I got my fuse, they ran out now though, will probably getting more soon. They say its around 3/16th" but it seems to fit all the 1/8" fuse holes I've tried it in...

Very good quality stuff though, seems to have a core or something down the middle, can't work out what it is but it burns away with the rest of the fuse.

Their effects fuse is great for rocket headers, made a few with green flying fish and its easier than making stars if you want a quick project to fire within minutes.

Yeah I noticed that too, but it looks like its back in stock now. Sent them an email yesterday, looks like they will be getting 1/16" Chinese Visco soon - I might wait and get some of that too! Sheesh, im like a kid in a sweet shop!! :D

#36 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

Tell me how your visco purchase will go :). I cannot see your vid pyromaniac it just will not play for some reason :(.

Are you actualy alloud though to get the fuse through post?
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#37 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:49 PM

I think I will make an order for fuse with them in the near future, they now also sell timefuse.
To bad that most supliers sell tubes that are to short for rockets.
A 1 pound rocket should be 7?'' long, and the only place I've seen those is skylighter, but their plastic shells are to expensive.
It would be nice to have a suplier that sells both for a good price, because shippingcosts are crazy.

Do pyrocreations send products from the US or the UK? I live in Holland and I think shippingcosts are not as high when shipped from the UK.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#38 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

Pyrocreations ship from the US, to just about anywhere in the world, there are also different shipping options depending on how long you can wait and how much money you want to spend. For 1/2" rocket tubes I buy them from inoxia and cut them to length, got 25 x 50 cm long tubes so you can make approximately 100 rocket tubes if you dont mind them being maybe 3 or 4mm shorter than 5". If not you can just cut them to 5" and have 25 x 4.5" long tubes left and only 75 rockets. The 4.5" tubes are always useful for something like fountains etc anyway.

I think that to legally post fuse in the UK would need it to be marked appropriately but out of the 3 companies I bought fuse from, not one has had any warning labels, its just been in an envelope or bubble wrap bag. In larger amounts I think it would attract unwanted attention but if it is just a few feet then I doubt there would be too much trouble.

Not sure why that video stopped working, I will have to upload it again, or even better, make another one :)

#39 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

I think that to legally post fuse in the UK would need it to be marked appropriately but out of the 3 companies I bought fuse from, not one has had any warning labels, its just been in an envelope or bubble wrap bag. In larger amounts I think it would attract unwanted attention but if it is just a few feet then I doubt there would be too much trouble.

Royal mail do not accept hazardous goods, no matter what the quantity, it is illegal. Fuse should be posted through a special courier, and I think Nightfreight has somewhat of a monopoly on this. Having said this, Pyroplanet seem to get away with posting fuse internationally in unmarked airmail, UKVisco use unmarked jiffy bags via royal mail, and I can also think of at least one chemical supplier that flaunts the postage regulations.

I think any potential legal retribution would be directed to the sender, not the recipient, but don't quote me on this...

#40 tiggywig

tiggywig

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

Tell me how your visco purchase will go :). I cannot see your vid pyromaniac it just will not play for some reason :(.

Are you actualy alloud though to get the fuse through post?

Well everyone, my fuse arrived on the other day from pyroplanet - only 5 days after I placed an order on their website, pretty damn fast!

Great quality stuff. Thanks to everyone for their recommendations to this site, I will definetly be using them again :D

#41 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:06 PM

I cannot see your vid pyromaniac it just will not play for some reason :(.

Working again, the video site is just unreliable.

I built a few more rockets using those 1 3/4" round shells and effects fuse, not had any problems so far with them. Quite thick walled too so the break is loud if they are glued together well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users