1235 replies to this topic

#541 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

I ordered because I know that some lucky people have got their orders through, and I haven't been able to find an alternative source for Guanidine Nitrate (and a few other things) elsewhere. It's my last resort... I do intend to kick up one helluva fuss if he doesn't deliver though - I have his phone number and address ; )

#542 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

I have just emailed the guy and have told him that thousands of people read this forum and see all his bad feedback. I have asked him to please email you all that have placed orders to let you know whats going on with them. Maybe he will listen to this as it will do him bad business having crappy feed back.

Now just waiting game.

#543 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

Creepin, Im sure you can put his number and address on Ebay, I bet will get good price!!!! :rolleyes:

#544 leosedf

leosedf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

There are other sellers (like cooperman) etc, who are more reliable.

#545 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

I've been quite lucky with regards to Keten, He always seems to respond to my e-mail soon, he's nice on the phone and he stocks a really decent range of chems at really good prices!
Also, I personally without paying through the nose, have not been able to find things like NH4ClO4, German dark Al, Ba(ClO3)2 etc. in the U.K.
I'll let anyone know if/when my order gets here!

Regards,

Mike

#546 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

I've been quite lucky with regards to Keten, He always seems to respond to my e-mail soon, he's nice on the phone and he stocks a really decent range of chems at really good prices!

To play devils advocate for a moment, it's entirely possible that Keten is running a one-man business, as some of us here have done in the past - very difficult at busy times and deserving of some patience. He is clearly not running a 'rip-off' operation and isn't making a fortune off our backs.

Can I suggest we e-mail Keten and ask how we can help him to supply UK members better (perhaps by consolidating orders etc). I believe it is really important to SUPPORT our few suppliers, even though they may be imperfect at times, given all the challenges involved...

Edited by BrightStar, 10 May 2007 - 06:28 PM.

#547 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

To play devils advocate for a moment, it's entirely possible that Keten is running a one-man business, as some of us here have done in the past - very difficult at busy times and deserving of some patience. He is clearly not running a 'rip-off' operation and isn't making a fortune off our backs.

Can I suggest we e-mail Keten and ask how we can help him to supply UK members better (perhaps by consolidating orders etc). I believe it is really important to SUPPORT our few suppliers, even though they may be imperfect at times, given all the challenges involved...

I could not agree more with that. We do have few suppliers and to find one with such a range of chems and such good prices... Also, he is a decent guy, I spent half an hour on Skype talking to him earlier this evening!

Regards,

Mike

#548 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:08 PM

karl, i did exactly the same thing as you...i emailed him and told him that he is getting a bad reputation on this forum, and i guess a few others. It did have the desired effect (coincidance maybe??), in as much as my small order came thru shortly after, but on the whole, it seems to me he just doesnt care.
Even if he is a one band man, it doesnt excuse his unreliabilty. You cant treat your customers like this. I personally will not deal with him again.

#549 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:43 PM

CreepinPyro Have you had your delivery yet from Keten?.I have not made an order yet from them and wont bother if you have no succes with them...

#550 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:35 AM

No. not yet : (

He actually sent me a photo of my order all packaged up yesterday, assuring me it had been sent earlier this week.

I'll report back with any progress.

#551 Nostromo

Nostromo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

I've made a larger order about two weeks ago, he said he would sent it a week ago, e-mailed him but no response yet. Yay. :rolleyes:

#552 pymp

pymp

Trying to move into SFX..

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:00 AM

Yeah, I've made a fairly large order with him recently too. I'll post here again if/when there's an update! He seems a nice guy though, and from what I've heard, he's been shaping up recently in terms of reliability. Fingers crossed.
"There are many old pyros
There are many bold pyros
But there are not very many
Old, Bold Pyros"
- author unknown

#553 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:54 PM

I made a reasonable sized order from keten on the first of May; I have had a few broken promises on despatch so far. I will let you know when or if the order comes through.

On another note I am considering ordering some Potassium Chlorate, Potassium Perchlorate and Potassium Benzoate and titanium powder from a manufacturer in a European country. Now there is a sizable minimum order on some of these chemicals. So the question is would anyone in the north east be interested in any of these at £6 per Kg, £5.5 per Kg and £8 per Kg respectively (don't have a price on the titanium yet). Obviously pick up only (possibly at a north east pub meet or something) as I am not going to get into chip or postage of dangerous chemicals etc. So if there is enough interest I may place an order for a group buy. PM me if you are interested.

Digger
Phew that was close.

#554 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

http://www.pyrosupplies.moonfruit.com/

Not the cheapest but more suppliers can only be a good thing :)

PM me for extra infos (international)

Edited by marble, 02 June 2007 - 12:38 PM.

#555 lew

lew

Hi. Im Barry Scott!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

http://www.pyrosupplies.moonfruit.com/

Not the cheapest but more suppliers can only be a good thing :)

PM me for extra infos (international)

Looks like a www.hobbychem.co.uk clone, but more expensive!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users