• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:48 PM

I usually wear a proban flame retardant cotton boiler suit, hard hat, full face visor, sturdy footwear, and thin cotton gloves when hand firing.

Gloves are essential during the rig/de-rig if you don't want nasty blisters!

#17 Draco_Americanus

Draco_Americanus

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:39 PM

so bare feet would not be recomened? :)
Generaly speaking I usaly wear eye protection and a 1969 era kevlar flack vest. I don't wear gloves for the fore mentioned reasons. other then that I wear comfortable clothing that allows me to move unrestricted, that means lose clothing and sandels or being barefoot. On a sandy beach I would chalange any one to run faster wearing boots or shoes :)

#18 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:59 AM

:) Learned my lesson! Sparks fell on me when I fired on the last Saturday in October above Accrington on the hills, and so now I wear a hard hat and goggles for handfiring Cat3 25m display fireworks NO EXCEPTION every time I fire. Cat2 stuff doesn't require this to be worn being less dangerous so I don't wear any PPE with garden fireworks. :)

#19 Maineiac

Maineiac

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:53 PM

For 1.4g common fireworks I wear safety glasses. For shooting 1.3g display items and shows I always wear a hard hat, safety glasses and plenty of cotton. Often I'll wear a glove on the hand I hit the fuses with but leave the other unencumbered to easily remove leader safety caps. Ear plugs are always nice as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users