Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

i'm interested in some, what price?

?15 for a 15m reel + P&P

Edited by Karl, 27 October 2005 - 10:47 PM.

#32 Ritual33

Ritual33

Mooooo!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:48 PM

Cool, will have to drop into Hyde to get my watch fixed and maybe get a new phone when I get paid, I'll buy 30m then... Hopefully I won't get turned away and told to order from their site. Do you know if they sell the really slow burning stuff, or just standard yellow?

Thank you.

Meesa also need visco, hopefully I will get that one sorted in a day or two.

Regards,
Drew :)
In Development...
--------------------------------------------------------------
Drew's World - http://drews-world.co.uk
Pyro World - http://pyro-world.co.uk
----------------------------------------------

#33 brocade

brocade

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:00 AM

Karl, that looks like shock tube, used in place of det cord in blasting. Does it look like the tube is "dusted" inside with powder, and a wire running through the length of it ? If so, it's a mix of HMX and aluminum powder. I think for pyro use there are "shock to flame" adapters and vice versa, that the large display companies use.
If it's initiated by a cap, it has an awesome velocity of detonation.

Having used vasts amountsof Nomatch [shocktube] this picture looks nothing like shock tube as there is no flame with nomatch.once the tube is ignited it is over and done with in milli seconds and is much safer to hold in your hand then lit PIC.

#34 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:04 PM

Cool, will have to drop into Hyde to get my watch fixed and maybe get a new phone when I get paid, I'll buy 30m then... Hopefully I won't get turned away and told to order from their site. Do you know if they sell the really slow burning stuff, or just standard yellow?

Thank you.

Meesa also need visco, hopefully I will get that one sorted in a day or two.

Regards,
Drew :)

Quicksilver doesn't have keep the fuse in the shop so you need to give them 24hours notice before you call in to get fuse. Also take your COER licence, as they are more than likely going to ask for it.

http://www.quicksilv...co.uk/index.asp

#35 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:37 AM

It has been floating around for a while, but I guess people outside the industry might not be aware. PIC fuse is no longer manufacture. The company has terminated the line claiming it is not economical. Shame. I know of people who cried when they heard it.

Guess it?s back to Visco, Delay fuses or maybe some Brazilian made fuses.

RIP PIC.

Edited by BigG, 02 May 2006 - 08:37 AM.

#36 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:02 AM

Yes indeed, I'm hoarding all I have left now!

Looks like we might be switching to Mantitor cord once the PIC stock is exhausted.

#37 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:10 PM

If anyone from ICI is browsing the forum:

Well done! DUH!! (sarcasm)

And they charged enough for it anyway...
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#38 Guest_PyromaniaMan_*

Guest_PyromaniaMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

I always thought that PIC was 'needed' in the fireworks business. It not economical, not to sell it!

#39 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

I always thought that PIC was 'needed' in the fireworks business. It not economical, not to sell it!

Let?s put things in prospective here. The fireworks community in the UK, who seem to be the main consumer of this particular fuse, is a small industry. Manufacturers sometimes has to make a choice if the afford is worthwhile. If it is a big effort for a small gain, then the same storage space might be utilized for something more profitable.

I think allot has to do with regulation. The price of PIC fuse has gone up very quickly as new regulations come into effect. Maybe if regulation were cut, ICI will consider this worthwhile again.

#40 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:23 AM

I would guess it's a case of the "men in suits" in their accounts department saying it's too small a revenue stream for the company (which is after all a very big concern) to be involved in. Maybe someone should approach them and see if they will sell the machinery? - it would be quite a nice little business for a small outfit.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#41 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

I would guess it's a case of the "men in suits" in their accounts department saying it's too small a revenue stream for the company (which is after all a very big concern) to be involved in. Maybe someone should approach them and see if they will sell the machinery? - it would be quite a nice little business for a small outfit.

ICI just announces a job cut of 1400 people, so I think they might be willing to sell some stuff.

I think you will discover that mechinery is just one aspect. What about license to manufucture? HSE regulations? I think it might be an idea to approch them and understand why they this is not economical. hmmm. We might have a chat about this wedensday when we meet in leeds.

#42 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

Last time I enquired about a manufacturing license it was getting on for ?700 for a (very) small operation, + possibly some inspection fees. I would guess premises and storage meeting the appropriate regulations would be a lot more than that, unless someone happens to have something suitable already. Unfortunately I won't be able to make Leeds, had previously arranged to go on hols.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#43 iggy

iggy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:47 PM

rip pic indeed:/

we have got a reel of manticore but so far it isnt ringing any bells with us it can be a right bugger to get alight unlike the old pic where you could stip the plastic coating off to reveal the core whech made it easier to catch on a delay line with manticore you cant asa it is very powdery inside and dose not like being bent * is not as maliable*
it is ok as a replacment guess we will have to get used to it but it is not a patch ion the genuine pic

#44 MFX

MFX

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:55 PM

A mate who owns a firework company has got some samples of alternative PIC from Poland and somewhere else I can't remember at the moment I'll report back once we've done some tests. BTW the last batch of genuine ICI PIC he had had some major reliability issues!

rip pic indeed:/

we have got a reel of manticore but so far it isnt ringing any bells with us it can be a right bugger to get alight unlike the old pic where you could stip the plastic coating off to reveal the core whech made it easier to catch on a delay line with manticore you cant asa it is very powdery inside and dose not like being bent * is not as maliable*
it is ok as a replacment guess we will have to get used to it but it is not a patch ion the genuine pic

If it looks like it's coming towards you, it probably is!

#45 iggy

iggy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:14 AM

A mate who owns a firework company has got some samples of alternative PIC from Poland and somewhere else I can't remember at the moment I'll report back once we've done some tests. BTW the last batch of genuine ICI PIC he had had some major reliability issues!

would be definatly interested in the results of the tests on the alternates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users