38 replies to this topic

#1 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:27 AM

is there any way we can help Anthony get all his videoa online so we can see the fruits of his labours??

How about it Anthony???

Stu

#2 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:54 AM

There's a few free video hosting websites online i could point him to if thats what he needs?

#3 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:56 PM

I have a server available to me with a 10mb connection speed, I don't mind hosting them all for him for free.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#4 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:15 PM

Isn't UKFR a more suitable place for such things? Not meaning to be a stinge, but we are more interested in the construction of fireworks rather than reviewing bought ones!
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#5 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:01 PM

Isn't UKFR a more suitable place for such things? Not meaning to be a stinge, but we are more interested in the construction of fireworks rather than reviewing bought ones!

Second that, UKFR is a good resource for consumer fireworks. Here we like to build the most amazing pyrotechnics, making beautiful fireworks is what drives us.

#6 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

Isn't the whole point of this particular section to discuss consumer fireworks though?

Also, you need to pay to use UKFR as far as i know.

p.s

Is it not illegal to make your own fireworks? thats kind of the reason i've stayed away from that aspect of the hobby so far, dont want to end up being arrested for making explosives lol

Edited by 5thElement, 12 November 2005 - 08:05 PM.

#7 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

Isn't the whole point of this particular section to discuss consumer fireworks though?

Also, you need to pay to use UKFR as far as i know.

p.s

Is it not illegal to make your own fireworks? thats kind of the reason i've stayed away from that aspect of the hobby so far, dont want to end up being arrested for making explosives lol

Yes discuss consumer fireworks here but i dont think we need videos of almost every other firework out there. This forum is aimed at the amature pyrotechnic its not another UKFR site, yes you do have to pay but i tell you what its worth every penny just like good ol' passfire is. Im not a mod or admin so i cant say no more :D

#8 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

I dont really see the problem of posting a link to a video along with a review/discussion, cant do any harm can it? I havn't seen any videos posted in here so far.

Regarding UKFR, i'll probably join up sometime, bit broke right now though lol i wish i could see it on a trial basis for a day or something before paying aswell. Does seem like an excellent resource for stuff though! :)

edit: Just noticed they do a 3 month membership for ?10, might give that a try sometime :)

Edited by 5thElement, 12 November 2005 - 08:55 PM.

#9 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:31 AM

I will discuss this with other members of the Administration team. But from my standpoint, I would vote 'No' to this suggestion since, as I have already stated, we are mainly here to discuss the actual science / technique.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#10 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:22 AM

I also have a video section on me and Karl's soon-to-open pyro page, I can allocate Anthony a section on that where he can have all his reviews and videos.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#11 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:03 PM

Second that, UKFR is a good resource for consumer fireworks. Here we like to build the most amazing pyrotechnics, making beautiful fireworks is what drives us.

Third that. I have received a number of complaints regarding the increasing amount of fireworks review. Many of the more established members feel that this is not what this forums are about. The idea of consumer fireworks thread was to dicuess the extrodenery - not to review every firework on the market.

#12 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

Okay,

Now to shoot the rest of the admin team down.
:angry:

This section is for reviews etc to do with comsumer (shop bought) fireworks and members are entitled to add there reviews and views on the subject as it is within the bounds of this thread.

This forum is for the discussion of consumer fireworks only, or in other words those which are shop bought and fully comply to British Standard BS7114 Part 2 1988, or the equivalent in your country.

Above is RichardH's pinned notice on this thread of the forum which backs this up hence I am some what bewildered that other forum members are objecting to the discussions here that are relevant to the thread.

Only one thing I will say, members are to add there reviews based on their experiences with consumer goods and not copied materials from UKFR or any other site.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#13 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

I know im a new member here, so dont want to be pissing anyone off! but i totally agree with The DJinn.

Surely the whole point of this particular section is to discuss consumer bought fireworks and add small reviews etc?

Why are people complaining about this? :(

Sorry if i've pissed anyone off for posting a couple short reviews, never intended to get on peoples neves, just thought i was contributing something useful to the section.

#14 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:39 PM

Well i agree with a bit of what BigG says and a bit of Djinn.. :) ..

I dont see anything wrong with posting in the correct section..But then again i am not really intrested in reading reviews of cat 2 , 3 fireworks..So Please dont take offense at this Anthony... :) ..

But i have added Anthony to my Ignore posts from this user?...Problem solved!!..Having said that i do join UKFR every year for 3 months just to look at whats new..it saved me a lot of money when i used to buy lots of CAT 3 stuff..

#15 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:55 PM

Wouldn't it be simpler just avoiding this section if your not interested? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users