• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76 koobee

koobee

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

I thought you just had this problem.... Well what are you using to mill the powder? How long are you milling it, how large are the barrels, how much do you fill them, and how much media do you use? If anything adding more oxidizer would speed up the bp. Charcoal can slow the mix if you have too much, but sulfur and kno3 would normally speed it up. It would seem to me that your bp isn't getting milled properly.

Edited by koobee, 31 January 2006 - 09:26 PM.

"If the splodey goes fast, won't it get all bad?"-Gir

#77 Themolehole_9876

Themolehole_9876

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

Ah okay, thanks koobee. I have solved the whole milling and slow BP problems... its just the rare occasions when it is slower than normal so i was trying to see if there was any other way i could speed it up

#78 mussie_electric

mussie_electric

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

what do you mean by kno3 solution. is this just kno3 and water 50/50 or what please explain,since im having the same trouble
thank you
r.burgy

Chaps, my blackmatch works very well if I even just wet the string through to soaking before putting it in the slurry. But if soaking string in nitrate solution, I have had good result by dissolving as much nitrate as will go into cold water (until no more will dissolve) and then putting into the blackmatch slurry when still wet. I also use home made dextrin.

#79 r.burgy

r.burgy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:33 AM

Not to change the subject, but is it possible to get weak KNO3 ? My ball milled bp is ok, but it takes alot to lift.like 25 gr. for a 2 in. shell. Ive tried all the ways of preparing it and no difference. I NEED STRENGTH.
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

#80 littlejohny

littlejohny

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:49 AM

Not to change the subject, but is it possible to get weak KNO3 ? My ball milled bp is ok, but it takes alot to lift.like 25 gr. for a 2 in. shell. Ive tried all the ways of preparing it and no difference. I NEED STRENGTH.
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about "weak" KNO3 but I did read something about the molecular structure which can effect it,
If you haven't already, recrystalie it see what that does but really I don't know much. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users