25 replies to this topic

#16 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:41 PM

I suspect KP would be insufficiently brissant unless contained in a very tough tube. Whistle would be worth a try, dark report or that co-precipitated crossette break should work but are quite smokey and fairly death mix-like.

#17 delta_echo

delta_echo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

you know my feelings on this - buy proper ones.
Reasons are such:
to make a realistic bulletwound effect, the squib must detonate with enough force to burst through the clothing. It also should not go off with too much of a flash, and should not emmit smoke. Therefore you are very limited as to what you can use.

There is absolutely no need to have an explosive powerful enough to burst through the clothing. Score the clothing first where you want the blood to exit. Here's a short vid I made several years ago as I was starting up an amateur war film. Hope it helps and feel free to ask questions. http://media.putfile.com/BloodBody-Hit

#18 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:59 AM

http://home.clara.ne...elf/Pyro01.html

Take alook at that site, just scroll down abit. It explains the basics and cautions of exploding blood packs.

Sorry if this has been posted before!

#19 myinisjap

myinisjap

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:35 AM

karl ty for the site but i already had seen the info else where and delta_echo what kind of powder did u use for the blood pack explosion

#20 delta_echo

delta_echo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:19 PM

karl ty for the site but i already had seen the info else where and delta_echo what kind of powder did u use for the blood pack explosion

Just a black cat firecracker, so a sort of bright aluminum (don't know the mesh) flash with the fuse taken out and a rocket ignitor put in its place. Its not too hard to make your own with some experimentation, however.

#21 myinisjap

myinisjap

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:53 AM

the only problem is i cant get firecrackers where im at so ill try some dark flash unless any1 else has any ideas

#22 koobee

koobee

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

...for some reason after reading this thread Saving Private Ryan is a much worse movie.
"If the splodey goes fast, won't it get all bad?"-Gir

#23 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

For God's sake don't strap firecrackers to your / anybody else's body to use as a bullet hit!

You can make very good flashless hits with a common and easy to make primary, but I do not condone this at all nor will I tolerate any discussion of it! These are so powerful that they will completely shatter the plastic case they are in (.05g comp), so just imagine what it will do to your body!

Leave it to the experts!

Use compressed air, attatch a fine thread to a pre-scored piece of clothing and pull on it (exposing a pre-prepared wound underneath) or use a absorbent material / marrowfat peas soaked in red dye and blown out of a blowpipe at the target.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#24 delta_echo

delta_echo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:07 AM

For God's sake don't strap firecrackers to your / anybody else's body to use as a bullet hit!

You can make very good flashless hits with a common and easy to make primary, but I do not condone this at all nor will I tolerate any discussion of it! These are so powerful that they will completely shatter the plastic case they are in (.05g comp), so just imagine what it will do to your body!

Leave it to the experts!

Use compressed air, attatch a fine thread to a pre-scored piece of clothing and pull on it (exposing a pre-prepared wound underneath) or use a absorbent material / marrowfat peas soaked in red dye and blown out of a blowpipe at the target.

With all due respect, I have used these for several amateur films with great results and no problems with safety. The backing used with these is a 1/4" steel plate with leather on behind it. I've successfully made and used/tested over 30 of these devices, with no damage other than some residue on the plate. The charge I am talking about is a well-contained bright aluminum flash in the 50 mg range. As you are admin, I will respect your decision to cease discussing this method, but I assure you that, in terms of safety, the device has nearly no potential for harm if built as I have described it. For those with the means to make compressed air squibs, go for it.

#25 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:38 PM

some residue on the plate

That means there is burning / molten crud flying out of the exploded device! It's not so much the 'bang' that will do any damage, it's the flash and heat.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#26 myinisjap

myinisjap

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:39 PM

as for using the flash powder remember im using it on a maniquin so there is no need to be excessivly worried about the saftey of the maniquin :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users