• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 zookeeper

zookeeper

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:27 AM

Lidu do a Red Lantern shell with a strobing tail in 6", it's available in the UK - don't know about the brocade burst though, difficult to arrange in the same shell. Maybe it was 2 shells that happened to burst simultaneously??

It's possible that it was 2 shells, possibly a 'stacked' shell or 'double bubble', but the parachute really looked like a pistil. After talking with some of our manufacturing people, they said it would be very hard to not destroy the parachute with the hard break of a brocade...I wonder if they found a way to do it?

#17 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:57 AM

It could have even just been two shells breaking in the same space in the sky......

I think thats more likely that having a parachute effect as an actual pistil effect of a larger shell :)

#18 zookeeper

zookeeper

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:22 AM

I think thats more likely that having a parachute effect as an actual pistil effect of a larger shell :)

...Agreed

#19 zookeeper

zookeeper

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:20 AM

A very large THANK YOU to all who helped me with this 'quest'

I had a very nice email exchange with Glenn Plume, from Fantastic Fireworks.

I think I will 'borrow' this unique looking effect on my company's Lake Ontario display (in upstate, New York)
...with all due credit going to Glenn, of course B)

#20 MFX

MFX

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:58 PM

I'm a full time pyrotechnician from the US, www.youngexplosives.com

I recently made a trip to Croyden, to visit friends, during "Bonfire Night". I must say I was impressed!

My friends took me to see the Leeds Castle display,
so I will see if I can plan a trip for next year as well.

If you do come back next year let me know ! I live near Croydon and Leeds Castle, obviously I'll probably be a bit busy on Nov 5 and the dates surrounding but would be good to meet up. I can probably arrange a couple of visits to local Fireworks companies as well. Hell you might even want to crew a display over here if you like :) I'll PM you my contact details.

Martin.
If it looks like it's coming towards you, it probably is!

#21 zookeeper

zookeeper

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:21 PM

If you do come back next year let me know ! I live near Croydon and Leeds Castle, obviously I'll probably be a bit busy on Nov 5 and the dates surrounding but would be good to meet up. I can probably arrange a couple of visits to local Fireworks companies as well. Hell you might even want to crew a display over here if you like :) I'll PM you my contact details.

Martin.

Very cool!

I'll need to save up some money, because your country is EXPENSIVE, and the American dollar is mighty weak. Hopefully our 4th of July and summer season will be profitable.

...but it certainly sounds like a good plan :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users