• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 delta_echo

delta_echo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:27 AM

George Bush was the one who started the Iran Vs Iraq war, and weakened them both.

Ummm . . . do you have any evidence to support this claim? Neither Bush was president at the time.

That being said anyone who believes that a country goes to war solely for unselfish reasons seriously needs to wake up and see the real world. While I don't disagree that the U.S. has interest in the oil, the idea that we fought a multibillion dollar war for a stable oil reserve is absurd. Last I checked gas prices still keep slowly rising. Where's all the cheap oil? Fact of the matter is, we in the U.S. aren't getting it. In fact, we'd be much better taking over a South American country as we import more oil from them than the Middle East anyways (most people don't know/don't care about that). in 2004 year we imported more oil from Mexico than Saudi Arabia(http://www.indexmund...ntry_200412.htm)!

I still firmly believe WMD's were shipped out of the country before the invasion (most likely into Syria). People don't ever hear about the uranium centrifuges found in Iraq (which I'm sure were just for peaceful purposes like Iran claim with their program <_< ). Whether or not they really had them is actually a moot point. Never was in GWB's main reason for going to Iraq until the media forced him to address the issue to such a point that it appeared to be. Iraq failed to abide by the rules put down after the Gulf War, and only the US and Brits had the balls to address the issue.

As for the whole "government created 9/11", might I suggest you join the fight against the FreeMasons? Do you believe the London Bombings were also a government conspiracy? Of course, believe what you want to believe. That is the wonder of democracy.

#17 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:13 AM

Ummm . . . do you have any evidence to support this claim? Neither Bush was president at the time.

That being said anyone who believes that a country goes to war solely for unselfish reasons seriously needs to wake up and see the real world. While I don't disagree that the U.S. has interest in the oil, the idea that we fought a multibillion dollar war for a stable oil reserve is absurd. Last I checked gas prices still keep slowly rising. Where's all the cheap oil? Fact of the matter is, we in the U.S. aren't getting it. In fact, we'd be much better taking over a South American country as we import more oil from them than the Middle East anyways (most people don't know/don't care about that). in 2004 year we imported more oil from Mexico than Saudi Arabia(http://www.indexmund...ntry_200412.htm)!

I still firmly believe WMD's were shipped out of the country before the invasion (most likely into Syria). People don't ever hear about the uranium centrifuges found in Iraq (which I'm sure were just for peaceful purposes like Iran claim with their program <_< ). Whether or not they really had them is actually a moot point. Never was in GWB's main reason for going to Iraq until the media forced him to address the issue to such a point that it appeared to be. Iraq failed to abide by the rules put down after the Gulf War, and only the US and Brits had the balls to address the issue.

As for the whole "government created 9/11", might I suggest you join the fight against the FreeMasons? Do you believe the London Bombings were also a government conspiracy? Of course, believe what you want to believe. That is the wonder of democracy.

What do you mean your oil isn't cheap, it certainly is compared to UK prices.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#18 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:04 AM

What do you mean your oil isn't cheap, it certainly is compared to UK prices.

The oil is just as cheap for the U.K. The U.K. companies pay the same exact prices for say, North Sea Brent crude that a U.S. company does ( incidentally the biggest of the 'big oil' companies here in Alaska is British Petroleum, their oil cost the exact same per bbl as ConocoPhillips oil in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, and in fact it's mixed in the pipeline anyhow ). Now, what your government
chooses to tack on for taxes for gasoline ( i.e. the privilege of driving automobiles ) is entirely up to them.

Having done 20 years in the US military, and subsequently worked in the petroleum industry, I have to bite my lip a LOT when I hear some of the wild conspiracy theories about everything from 9/11 to Iraq to 'big oil'. Like here in the states everyone prattles on and on about the 'Halliburton Oil Company' that the Vice President was once CEO of. There IS no Halliburton "oil company', it's an oilfield service company, big freaking difference, they don't own oil, they don't pump oil, and they don't sell oil. We hire them to do do things like unplug wells that are poorly performing, and such.

I asked a local pyro company owner, who once worked for a company called Engineered Demolition Inc, ( he got his start wiring charges ) about this latest buzz about the WTC Bldg, 7. He laughed until he almost choked. He couldn't even believe that *any* media ( with the possible exception of Michael Moore ) would be stupid enough to believe it was even remotely possible that it was prewired.

Stop being so gullible. For either side of any given story.
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#19 PYRODUDE!!!

PYRODUDE!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

Hmm, it must have been more if my mother?s sympathy crap, oh well. And no, the London bombings was just a bunch of crazy terrorists getting revenge on the Government. Idiots, why don't they just complain to their MP instead?

#20 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

Hmmm, I watched it recently and came here to post the link but then became aware that someone posted it already.

I think it is just another very interesting piece of information about what might have really happened. It?s worth a look in my opinion.

I still don?t know what to believe, really! As someone said before, many innocent people had to die because of whatever, but thousands of innocent people die every day.

With the WTC action its more the fact that the government itself might have organised it that worries me. I want to believe it on the one hand but I can?t believe it on the other hand....

I think it won?t come out ever.

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#21 GBthriller

GBthriller

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:07 AM

The oil is just as cheap for the U.K. The U.K. companies pay the same exact prices for say, North Sea Brent crude that a U.S. company does ( incidentally the biggest of the 'big oil' companies here in Alaska is British Petroleum, their oil cost the exact same per bbl as ConocoPhillips oil in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, and in fact it's mixed in the pipeline anyhow ). Now, what your government
chooses to tack on for taxes for gasoline ( i.e. the privilege of driving automobiles ) is entirely up to them.

Having done 20 years in the US military, and subsequently worked in the petroleum industry, I have to bite my lip a LOT when I hear some of the wild conspiracy theories about everything from 9/11 to Iraq to 'big oil'. Like here in the states everyone prattles on and on about the 'Halliburton Oil Company' that the Vice President was once CEO of. There IS no Halliburton "oil company', it's an oilfield service company, big freaking difference, they don't own oil, they don't pump oil, and they don't sell oil. We hire them to do do things like unplug wells that are poorly performing, and such.

I asked a local pyro company owner, who once worked for a company called Engineered Demolition Inc, ( he got his start wiring charges ) about this latest buzz about the WTC Bldg, 7. He laughed until he almost choked. He couldn't even believe that *any* media ( with the possible exception of Michael Moore ) would be stupid enough to believe it was even remotely possible that it was prewired.

Stop being so gullible. For either side of any given story.

Uh, Excuse me Mr. Frozentech. It seems you have failed to see the point.

So, this thread is reserved for clear thinkers with a firm grasp on the absurd. Your logic and experience have no place here. Go back to your respectable life and career and leave us to solve the worlds problems.

Thank you very much. :P

#22 PYRODUDE!!!

PYRODUDE!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

Who died and made you the new MP of the world!?

#23 EnigmaticBiker

EnigmaticBiker

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

Who died and made you the new MP of the world!?

They didn't just die, they were murdered.

It's gone deeper than that, the conspiracy theories are just part of a larger scheme. To keep radicals occupied solving them, while everyone else is brainwashed by the media.

;)

#24 zookeeper

zookeeper

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:21 AM

I don't think any of this is about "oil", I wish it was....

Now I have to pay almost double to transport and shoot the same shows I did last season!

$3.05 a gal. C'MON!! I could fuel my car with Russian vodka for less! :angry:

If everyone thinks that Americans are "imperialists", I would love a future president to say "Nice oil Haji, I think we'll take it!" :rolleyes:

#25 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:16 AM

It costs us about $6.30 per US gallon over here.

#26 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:50 AM

I saw a very interesting documentary about the Pentagon plane crash. I can't remember the link, but It definitely rose some questions about what actually happened. I've always had a very sceptical attitude against the US goverment, and all those unanswered questions that have emerged in connection with 911 make me suspect some kind of cover up.

http://pentagon-stri...nlinegames.com/

#27 zookeeper

zookeeper

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

It costs us about $6.30 per US gallon over here.

Yeah, but in the UK, everything is just a hop-n-skip away :P about 1/2 hour to get from London to Brighton...am I correct?

In the US, my UK friends were amazed that it took 4 hours to get ANYWHERE :wacko:

...it all still sucks, where's all the "alternative" fuels that they promised us in the 1970s...huh?

#28 p_y_r_o

p_y_r_o

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

aparantly (acording to conspiracy theorists) a load of Technology students in America started running thier cars on Hydrogen in the 1970's only to have thier Houses burnt down.

probarbly a load of rubbish

#29 EnigmaticBiker

EnigmaticBiker

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, but in the UK, everything is just a hop-n-skip away :P about 1/2 hour to get from London to Brighton...am I correct?

In the US, my UK friends were amazed that it took 4 hours to get ANYWHERE :wacko:
...it all still sucks, where's all the "alternative" fuels that they promised us in the 1970s...huh?

It often takes 4 hours to get anywhere in the UK...

...it's called public transport.

:P

#30 zookeeper

zookeeper

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:42 AM

It often takes 4 hours to get anywhere in the UK...

...it's called public transport.

:P

:lol: Well done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users